Hacking Just got a Supercard DS One v3 - Can't load ROMs :(

Uncontrol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the updated Firmware from the site, all of that works. I just can't play ROMs.

I tried WarioWare Touched, that worked (worked as in it got to the menu screen, that's as far as I tried.) After that, I tried The World Ends With You, it loaded but the sound skipped. I reset my DS.

When the DS started back up, games wouldn't load and froze on the "Loading Please Wait" screen. If the game got past that, it would load the Nintendo screen on the WarioWare ROM and then go to dual white screens, which would force me to reset my DS.

I reformatted my SD card and WarioWare worked again, I tried playing a bit of the game and it froze about five minutes into it.

Any idea as to what I should do? I have a fat DS and 2gig Kingston SD card if it matters.

Thanks, Brennen.

Uncontrol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's version 3.

I only have one SD card, but I did try formatting the SD card twice. No luck.

Also, when I run the Auto Speed thing, it says "It is too slow! SC DS will not support it!" What does that mean?

And all I did was download the OS from here: http://eng.supercard.cn/soft_scdsone_sdhc.htm All I did was download "SuperCard DS ONE(SDHC) OS 3.0 SP4(0718)"

I notice that on other cards there's a place to download the OS and the firmware. So, is the firmware included in the SCDS1 OS rar?

crappi3pappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A 2 gig kingston should auto detect fine at x25 with FAT16, but can be safely set to x28 manually.

Somethings up hardware wise with the cart or mem card, try transfering some files from the pc to mem card and note the speed roughly mb/s.

Otherwise try the obvious if you haven't already like cleaning the contacts ect on both cart and mem card.

Also run a diagnostic check on the supercard by holding L+R while booting it.

Uncontrol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crappi3pappy said:
A 2 gig kingston should auto detect fine at x25 with FAT16, but can be safely set to x28 manually.

Somethings up hardware wise with the cart or mem card, try transfering some files from the pc to mem card and note the speed roughly mb/s.

Otherwise try the obvious if you haven't already like cleaning the contacts ect on both cart and mem card.

Also run a diagnostic check on the supercard by holding L+R while booting it.

I have my card set at the default of 3x and it's formatted as FAT. When you go to change the speed, you press A to save the options, right? When I do that, it freezes.

Also, when I'm using the software, it doesn't convert the .nds into a .dsq, it's still just a .nds file.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Here is what you should do:

1. Format your microSD.

2. Download the latest firmware from the supercard site. Its very important to know what version as regular and HC are not interchangable.

3. Put all the contents of the "eng" folder at the root of your drive so your drive should now have one "scshell" folder and one nds file.

4. Put in 5 games just to make sure the errors aren't caused by lack of space.

5. Test the games and report back on any issues.

NOTE: Do not change any of the patch settings. We need to know if the SCDS1 is at fault.

Uncontrol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cleaned the contacts and that seemed to work pretty well, I actually got to the game, but WarioWare eventually froze.

I'll do that now Xcalibur.

crappi3pappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't patch files to .dsq, the scds-1 takes clean .nds files. trimming is the only thing to consider. There was some patching software but it's obsolete now.

Uncontrol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are my self test results -

Test Flash
flash id ok!
flash ok!

Test sd card
Sd ok! no find test file.

Test Psram
psram ok!

Now SuperCard Ds Version:
English Ver1.01

My SD Speed is at 3X Speed and my Saver is set to 512K.

Games tested:

Castlevania PoR - Game loaded perfectly. I played about five minutes worth and saved. It loads the save fine.
Elite Beat Agents - Played the first song. Perfect.
Club House Games - Plays..perfectly. :wtf:
Brain Age - After the first screen, I get dual white screens.
Cooking Mama - Same thing.

I tried to reload PoR and I got past the first few screens and then I got dual black screens right before the main menu.

Note: I forgot to run everything through the patcher.

So, why are things only working half the time? I set my DS down and come back and it doesn't work? wtf

Uncontrol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran everything through the patcher and tried to play Contra 4, that worked fine.

I turned my DS off and turned it back on and tried play Brain Age and after the first screen, I got dual white screens.

I turned it off and on again and tried to play Contra 4 again and the touch screen's colors were distorted on the first screen and then I got dual white screens.

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like a faulty SuperCard to me. I would just play it safe, and ask your vendor to exchange it.

Offtopic but Xcalibur, are you at Episode 15 of CGR2? Also, your sig has a very Samurai Champloo-esque style to it lol.

Uncontrol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay.

No patcher then.

As far as returning it goes, I could do that, but it would be a pain in the ass.
frown.gif

Anyone have any other ideas?

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
PanzerWF said:
Sounds like a faulty SuperCard to me. I would just play it safe, and ask your vendor to exchange it.

Offtopic but Xcalibur, are you at Episode 15 of CGR2? Also, your sig has a very Samurai Champloo-esque style to it lol.

Totally. CGR2 is so awesome but its just too much plot in one episode. The last one left my head reeling @_@
Also, thanks. My 2nd fav anime is SC next to cowboy bebop so thats a good thing.

@crappi3pappy: He has to be able to use the patcher.
If you don't use the patcher you can't use any features like cheats/rts/rtg/etc.

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't the SC patch the games automatically?

When I use my SCDS SDHC, it has the patch option right near the cheats, etc. options.

What is the SC patcher? I have never heard of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too bad Hitler didn't make camps for immigrants oh wait
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Isn't the latest method for slim like self right?
    Like a 1 wire mod?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still two wire with resistor if you don't count the 7 wire pc probes cause hardware likes a good probing
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    2 wires left on motherboard, 7 temp soldered to a flasher, then removed after flashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Technically don't even have to remove it could just keep it on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't really mess with hard mods due to neuro issues
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That you'll only see once +2