Hacking Just got a Supercard DS One v3 - Can't load ROMs :(

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After looking at it, isnt that the patcher for slot-2 cards?

also, why not just use the patcher built into the SCDS SDHC's firmware. It auto patches everything and all games seem to work fine for me.

I have the newest firmware that just came out like yesterday, July 22 or 23.

Give that a shot and let me know if it works for you.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Uncontrol said:
You can see what the SC Patcher is about here - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=29411

You twit. You don't patch games for the SCDS. Thats only for the slot 2 cards.
You put the unmodified .nds files at the root of your microsd.

Go and do what I said earlier only this time don't patch the games.

Uncontrol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I downloaded the firmware from GBAtemp, Contra 4 worked for about 5-8 minutes and then it froze.

I tried to play Brain Age and that froze when I hit Quick Play, but the music still plays.

How come every game works fine until one messes up and then after that, nothing works?

Posts merged

I did. First, I forgot to patch the games and that messed up, so I tried patching them.

Both didn't work very well.

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, try this. redownload your backups (ROMS).

Redownload your SC firmware.

unrar them.

Reformat your SCDS microSD and place the newest firmware on it. Download from GBAtemp.net download section.

Then, drag your Rom directly onto your MicroSD card, and then DO NOT Patch. run the game and see what happens...
if it messes up, return your SC, if it works, do not patch anymore games using that Slot-2 patcher.

let us know what happens

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have never used the Panasonic Formatter.

I use diskmgmt.msc in the run box. then right-click on your microSD and click Format. Format as FAT or FAT32, I use FAT with Default Cluster Size.

that works for both my R4 and My SCDS SDHC. and My M3 perfect Mini.

It is possible that your SD card is messed up. Do u have a friend with a card u can test? Or a flashcard you can test you microsd on?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To clear up the confusion, the SCDS used to use a patcher program on the PC to add special features, and you'd run them in "Super mode" on the SCDS. With the on-board patching, this is no longer necessary and should be avoided since the patching software hasn't been updated in ages.

As for your problem, it does sound like a hardware issue. Contact your retailer.

crappi3pappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have tried the obvious haven't you ?

clean the contacts ? blow in the ds slot-1 slot ect ?

because it's sounds like 'new flash cart' syndrome to me, where manufacturing grease ect get left on the contacts.

crazyazn5

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OMG I MITE HAVE A SOLUTION

Was it similar to this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=832...p;#entry1099912
?

I think I had the same problem and then it would freeze up after playing a few games. It wont load, i reformatted and over and over again. I finally came up with a good solution and I knew what was wrong. Well other people helped get there..

The problem is that maybe your computer cant format correct so in order to format correct get the panosonic formatter thats on that link.

Try the formatter.

-Erik

Uncontrol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used the Panasonic formatting 2-3 times and it still won't work.

Stuff seems to be getting better, I can always play the game now, but games still freeze.

Thanks though man

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4GojQTu7iI