modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
ok, so i decided to go through my room today in sheer boredom...

and i found some cool classic stuff...
some snes games, some realy old game manuals, a luigi doll... and a "Donkey Kong Country EXPOSED" video tape.
i thought to myself... wow... this tape is realy old and maybe even rare.

so i did some research and found this: http://www.pressthebuttons.com/2006/08/index.html
its a realy old, beta version of donkey kong, nintendo promo video.

i have the box and the tape in perfect condition, and i cant find a single one on ebay to see how much it would be (or how rare)
heres the video if you want to see it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=stc0RuRv2RA

so i think im pretty lucky : )
what do you guys think?

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah I had that video or a very similar one on VHS, can't remember where I got it from mind you. It's not rare but a nice nostlgia trip nonetheless. I also had a lot of cheat/tips videos... there was a really great one by NMS (official Nintendo mag 'Nintendo Magazine System') of StreetFighter II that covered the game, bosses and moves in depth. EDIT - not as cool as I remember it but being but here's the vid.
smile.gif

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I think I had this video too. If I remember correctly, I got it with one issue of Nintendo Power. Great upload though.

Edit: Oh! I also think that I remember seeing this at the videogame kiosks that they set up in the electronics departments of stores. Anybody else remember that.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i used to have a very old megadrive tips and cheats video tape that i brought from the £1 shop, but i recorded over it lol, but i have tons of other gaming stuff, i have captain N the game master on DVD, i have the adventures of zelda and the super mario super show on DVD aswell.
wink.gif
i also have history of gaming type thing on DVD that i haven't watched yet (still sealed) i also have a few PlayStation world magazine DVD's and promotional DVD's for various games that i pre ordered and got the free DVD's, i also have mortal kombat the series and two movies on DVD aswell.

and i also have a big archive of old gaming shows recorded from TV, i now have them recorded onto DVD as the video tapes are getting old now.

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also have that tape. At the end of it, we catch a glimpse of Killer instinct running on the arcade board wich was supposedly the same as the N64 (unreleased then).

That was the highlight of this video.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Donkey Kong Country was amazing for it's time. Heck, it still looks amazing now.

EDIT: I wish I was subscribed to Nintendo Power back then, all kinds of goodies were given out.

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Think im gonna toddle off and download the game for the VC right now, Forgot how cool this game was!
biggrin.gif
Thanks for the inspiration and you now owe me 800 wii points!
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: nah who am i kidding? we all know he lives in north korea