Hacking Just curious, but where did everyone hear about these flashcarts?

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i bought a cart for my GB/C & never got anything else until the NDS came out then i got a SCCF & a passme by lynx

then joined scdev then gbatemp

here a pic of the GB/C cart i ownd

gjram2us3kb1.jpg

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was going to try and engineer a mame emulator to put onto a sega nomad when I discovered GBA flash carts

thought screw it, picked up a gba, and went from there

Arsic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Word of mouth since the PS1 era. You kind of keep an eye out for alternative methods while browsing the internet.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had an EZFA about 5 years ago... but for the life of me I can't remember how I heard about flashcarts.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Saylient_Dreams said:
An ad on IGN's website lol.
Untitled-2.jpg

Lol jk, but I first heard for flashcarts about the time GBA was still around, so maybe 4 years ago, when they were still like 120$ or something. I was just looking for some cheap alternative to buying games, knew about roms and emulators since '97? Main reason I got one for the DS though is because I bought Lunar Dragon Song used, and it was horrible, and I didn't want to go through and buy crappy games again. I still go and buy games I really like right now, but it's really niffty being able to try a game before you buy it. If Nintendo probably had demos for literally every game to come out, then I probably would have never even bothered buying a flashcart. Maybe I would so I didnt carry around like 30 games, but it was the demo thing what I was really looking for.

Sponsored Links? What has happened to IGN?

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
Heard from friends. Saw them playing around with R4's one day, I was hooked. I shuffled over to ozmodchips.com, then luckily saw their little comparison with the CycloDS. Needless to say, a few weeks later after some research my Cyclo came to my door, express mail.
yaynds.gif

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 'first time' was when I got a GBC cart on ebay. It was similar to the GB Backup Station but it was definitely a cheap wannabe cart. It died on me after a month or so of usage. But then I shelled out for a GBX+Mr Flash 64M and I've had it eversince. And then onto N64, GBA, DS and of course PS1, etc before and after the cartbased systems...

Destructobot said:
I've known about flashcarts since I saw an SNES backup device advertised in the back pages of EGM when I was a kid. I never bought a flashcart until I got a DS Lite, though my friend had a GBA flashcart so I knew they were easily available.

I found GBAtemp because of the G6 Lite reviews, which I found via Google while researching which cart to buy.

Are you sure they were actually for backing up and running games? I remember ads in various magazines in the SNES' day that were able to backup and restore save states to a floppy disk and were also termed 'backup units/devices".

QUOTE(Fission @ Apr 26 2008, 05:00 AM) I got fed up of buying crap games which supposedly got great reviews.

Hence my decision to 'do the pirate'

Starting with the NES many moons ago (had a little switch on the front)
Then the SNES - with a similar switch
Then PS1 (learnt to chip those myself - made a huge buck doing it)
Then DC (Ditto)
GBA Flashcard was bought 2 years ago
CycloDS this year
PSP with all the trimmings a few weeks ago

Don't intend to mod Cube/Wii/PS2.

DC? Apparently the people didn't realize that no chip is required...
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system