Gaming JUst a Question about my Router

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
N is also pretty rare to see. Not alot of hardware support it because it is not yet a standard. Your lappies and phones would probably most likely have b/g connectivity but not n

D

Deleted_171835

Yep. It's a wireless router.

Might I advise against Netgear routers? They are prone to errors and stuff based on my experience. Linksys routers are great! So are D-Link.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
@fggh, it's becoming increasingly common to see draft-N and even standard N capability in laptops. There is also a vast abundance of USB and PCI WiFi cards that support draft-N.

@Soul, might I advise the same for both Linksys and D-Link, and Belkin while you're at it. All routers have problems, and yet not all these problems occur in every router. It's always hit-and-miss, and it's not always the fault of the router either - many ISPs are notorious for constant drops in speed or even disconnections.

To quote Age of Empires 2, "Sure, blame it on your ISP".

Princess Rozalin

†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
OP
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Originality said:
@fggh, it's becoming increasingly common to see draft-N and even standard N capability in laptops. There is also a vast abundance of USB and PCI WiFi cards that support draft-N.

@Soul, might I advise the same for both Linksys and D-Link, and Belkin while you're at it. All routers have problems, and yet not all these problems occur in every router. It's always hit-and-miss, and it's not always the fault of the router either - many ISPs are notorious for constant drops in speed or even disconnections.

To quote Age of Empires 2, "Sure, blame it on your ISP".
so if it doesnt Work with Netgear then i should Exchange it for a Linksys or D-Link? btw they are installing Optimum Online Boost this Friday.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Just see how it goes. Set everything up, get everything connected, tinker with the settings until everything works as you want it to. If something doesn't go right, find a way to fix it or go around it. If nothing goes right, then you can think about replacing the router or making phonecalls to support centers.

Princess Rozalin

†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
OP
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
OK! it worked out Fabulouse!!!

2v7tb9u.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...