Steamdeck initial update

Maximo101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a steamdeck a couple days ago - the base model - and I'm having trouble connecting to the internet thru my home router. I know the steamdeck works, as I've connected it now thru t-mobile. Still working on why sparklight is giving me problems, but here is my current issue.

I downloaded the initial update file finally sitting outside my doctors office, took like 45 minutes to download, and it seemed to install and reboot, now it's asking me to sign onto my steam account. Does anyone know if there are more updates to get??

I have a metered t-mobile phone service and I blew thru the initial 1G/month in 5 minutes and it never completed the d/l. I then updated to the 2.5G/month plan, and I want to know if it will blow thru that as well before it lets me use it offline.

Has anyone set up the steamdeck recently and knows the answer?

And does anyone know how big that initial update file was? I'm guessing over 10Gb, seeing how long it was downloading...

Thanks for any help.

Maximo101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan on just copying pc games onto the deck using the usb-c connection. Running proton, I should be able to run most of my pc games.

Does it do anymore downloading after I log into the steam account, or just let me shop for games? Thx.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan on just copying pc games onto the deck using the usb-c connection. Running proton, I should be able to run most of my pc games.

Does it do anymore downloading after I log into the steam account, or just let me shop for games? Thx.

It give you the option to install games that are in your steam library.

Reactions: Maximo101

Maximo101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After installing the initial update, this appears to take care of whatever was preventing connecting to the internet through the router. Was able to log into steam.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto