^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, for those of you who didn't already know, deufeufeu made a 'fork' from the very long, original project. It only took him one day after the fork to announce an unstable v0.1 translation for JUS. Deufeufeu's reasons for the fork:
QUOTE said:
There are many reasons for this fork.
First, and I don't want to offense anyone, I don't like the way the project is managed, from a free-for-all wiki-like translation to a paranoïd closed one.
No effort at all have been made about how a translation patch will be done, and sadly, it shows, we are close to a year since the start of the project and I was somehow "hired" to clean things up and reduce the delay.
The whole philosophy of the project, as it can be read in the corresponding thread, does not appeal to me : closed beta patchs, for example, stated "for debugging" while the debugging was done before the patch is made, people being "hired" to be part of the debug team, often seen as some kind of gift from the team.
Then there's the lacking part of the translation text, FAST6191 initial dump was partial and some important part were completly overlooked.

-Download here
-New JUS translation project here
-Old one here

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can we get a bug reporting thread or point us the way there..

I say the amazing work in trying to bring out the beta patch is much appreciated by the fans.

Thank you
smile.gif

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought it would be great if we can organize the bug reports to make fixing them up for the team easier.

Lets say users experience the same problems, it would be easier if there was only one bug submission vs lets say 100 submission of the same problems.

It would help filter the reports.

Maybe we can come up with a page where users can submit reports and allow other users who are using the patch browse through them and add to the reports as well. It's just a suggestion though to help out the team
smile.gif

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I"ll send a PM to deufeufeu about it see how he wants to set it up

I thought you were directly associated with deufeufeu thats why I had mentioned it to you

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hmm, Crashes for me when i start a multicard multiplayer game ( right after i've choosen the map and are about to start the game)
Will wait for a more stable version.
( Cause, this is supposed to work in multiplayer as well, right?)

D

Deleted User

the spanish version is not at all flawless, a lot is untranslated, they are using the original font which means that the text is really hard to read and sentences are so short they don't make a lot of sense, yet they are using SJIS encoding for their text which is using twice the space that it should with ascii. I've choose to go for a font change, nicer to the eyes, I've tweaked it to use the ascii charset, so now you can directly edit text with an hex editor for example (which is of course not the method used to put text), etc.. Also there's no graphic edit... So yes, our version is unstable but it's because it's a far more ambitious one.

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Once a more stable version is released, I will download this. Thanks to everyone who helped translate this!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, thanks in advance to those working on it. I haven't touched my hardcopy of the game (yup, imported the actual game
tongue.gif
) for a while, but I sure do love that game. Would love to be able to read everything in English. But I'll also hold off downloading until a stable version is released. However, I'm not quite clear on how this would be used. Would you unpack the ROM with dzlazy, add this as a sort of fix and repack the ROM?
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: