Not open for further replies.

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I think there is a good way for testing this last patch ......
tongue.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=69519

COME GET SOME !

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes!!! i love this. each patch improves the game soo much. all the stuff left in japanese (im talking about the previous patch before the latest) didnt even affect me..for example..do u want to save? yes or no. LOL. i learned by now which one is yes and which one is no:) lol

i think of it like this: Yes is two japanese characters, and no is three japanese characters, lol.

i guess maybe its: ya and nah..lol:D

MaelstromVale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the latest dev snapshot I keep hitting lock-ups in the J-Arena during the roster scroll up after each match. Unlike before where it always occurred after the first match, now it's just doing it at seemingly random times. For example, I got through 20 rounds of deathmatch fine, but of the 4 times I've tried to go through J-symbol or Point matches (2 times each) the game's frozen. Usually around 7 to 12 matches into play. Other than that, the patch is looking great.

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
What are we gonna put in the next dps ......?

Actually i m working on Commwin.bin

This file contains all message system. And it s very difficult to edit because It causes a lot of freeze !
Deufeufeu found a solution about this, but it takes me a lot of time to edit... and i m gonna test some possiblity to optimize in-game renderer... so wait & see

Checker team works on piece.bin, they adapt all the text to file specs for a perfect rendrering in-game.
They work on ability_t.bin too (ability for help character)

The final step will be UI modification .... actually we can extract UI graphic file ..but it s impossible to edit them (the file appear has a random tiled maze lol) and we don't have a alar1 recompression tool (deufeufeu will work on this when he got some times) so don't expect an UI modification soon

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
played online twice, and i died twice. no bugs though:) lol. im a beginner so that explains it. i noticed all people do is stand there and block, or tap block, its so annoying, lol. hopefully now that there is more and more english every update in the game, i will be able to learn to play better:D.

it was almost my first time playing online with this game. it was annoying trying to setup the wifi info though, i had to guess my way through the settings because i havent memorized the screen from the english settings yet...

niceee, im lovinggg it:D

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
nintendo wi-fi gaming is all spaming big 3 (sena - trunks - seiya) and using specials... more like "how to kick some noob spammer arses without being ganked" lessons and "how to gank cheaters" lessons =P

there are some comunities though that play by friend code where u can play some nice matches here and there
wink.gif

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
silvershadow said:
played online twice, and i died twice. no bugs though:) lol. im a beginner so that explains it. i noticed all people do is stand there and block, or tap block, its so annoying, lol. hopefully now that there is more and more english every update in the game, i will be able to learn to play better:D.

it was almost my first time playing online with this game. it was annoying trying to setup the wifi info though, i had to guess my way through the settings because i havent memorized the screen from the english settings yet...

niceee, im lovinggg it:D

I ve done Half of the system message (im bored with all wifi error message!!! there is a lot of this)
So wifi wonfiguration will be easy with the next update lol
A big thanx to deufeufeu that helps me to understand and modify the file

BTW WIFI games work great no lag in friend codes match ...... Kira i want my revenge !

Zero198

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is that patcher on the wiki site the most recent update and is it an all in one thing as in all thsoe other files are un needed to dl?

tilopud_rye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To inquire DSTT users:

I looked at their site and saw as a specification of the card:

"Supports CleanROM, No covert."

Based on that it could be reading the patch version as a covert and the white screen is a security measure to prevent it from running. A friend showed that the patch version is a couple megs less than the ROM, but hopefully the DSTT team will release a patch to allow 'coverts'. They'd be especially likely to adress your concerns if you flood their support inbox with complaints about the patch issue. Feedback:[email protected] .

I know it's not a requirement at all, but if the ROM hackers themselves wanted to, it may be feasable to create a patch that is the same size as the actual ROM. I don't know anything about patching, but I say 'feasable' because the patch is SMALLER than the actual ROM so no data they've worked on would need to be REMOVED. Not a complaint or worry from me; but just an idea I'm tossing into the air.

Otherwise I've seen this work and it's impressive to see what people of the community can do when they work together. Congratulations on a fine achievement.

BlazingSalvo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been trying to get this running on a DSTT as well.

Confirmed that using YSmenu makes no difference, will still not start (loads to white screen)

However, I have made some progress. I found a small tool that allows you to add a precise amount of zeros to the end of a file. I subtracted the difference in file sizes between the patched version and the clean dump, and managed to get the size of the patched version to exactly 64 MB.

Now the patched version will load to the point where you see the opening logos and such, but will not progress past the intro cinematic. Pressing start or any buttons dosen't do anything to skip the cinematic as when playing a clean dump. You can still do the drawing thing on the touch screen though. However, once the intro cinematic finishes, back to our friend, the white screen. Same behavior with YSmenu.

If anyone wants, I can post the link to the tool so they can mess with it/try it themselves.

Its a step in the right direction at least. Suggestions?

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, warning: Big newbie alert here.

So yeah, I had a sudden craving for Jump Ultimate Stars again. I played long ago, for a bit, but gave up because I couldn't understand a word they're saying. And decks are based on cards.. cards with description that I can't read.

These translation projects are looking very promising, but.. how do I get one to work? That's basically it. Do I need to merge the game with a patch or something? Sorry for asking such a stupid question, but I'm not great with these. All I know is download + play. lols

EN!GMA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BlazingSalvo said:
I've been trying to get this running on a DSTT as well.

Confirmed that using YSmenu makes no difference, will still not start (loads to white screen)

However, I have made some progress. I found a small tool that allows you to add a precise amount of zeros to the end of a file. I subtracted the difference in file sizes between the patched version and the clean dump, and managed to get the size of the patched version to exactly 64 MB.

Now the patched version will load to the point where you see the opening logos and such, but will not progress past the intro cinematic. Pressing start or any buttons dosen't do anything to skip the cinematic as when playing a clean dump. You can still do the drawing thing on the touch screen though. However, once the intro cinematic finishes, back to our friend, the white screen. Same behavior with YSmenu.

If anyone wants, I can post the link to the tool so they can mess with it/try it themselves.

Its a step in the right direction at least. Suggestions?

This may just be a wasteful post but... Kudos to you. I am glad to see that people are taking their own measures to solve this problem. I think the problem with adding on filler data is that regardless of the size of the rom, perhaps the data itself is packed too closely together (am I correct/making sense?), so either the patching process will have to be reapportioned or neoflash re-vamps the way it detects roms. Hopefully the latter will be achieved, either way I hope to eventually play this amazing game in english on my DSTT.

tilopud_rye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's definitely a step foward, Salvo. When running it are you playing with a previously saved game that would otherwise be able to skip the intro? To get to the nitty gritty make sure it's 67,108,864 bytes exactly. I've also seen it as 65,536 KB.

Given this evidence I'm sure that the card is reading the patch as a 'COVERT' and we'll need to take the proper steps so that the patched file resembles the cleanROM file- as an exact replica. Still- i don't understand how it diffrentiates the patched files from homebrew games. Maybe it's the GameCode, but for now if changing the filesize helps then let's experiment with that until a more concrete idea is set in.

A link to this program would definately help, but for the time being try looking at the specific file Properties of the cleanRom. Take note of the exact byte size- that I listed above- and try to make an exact match. 64mb just may be too broad; I don't speak binary tongue. The DSTT users are definitely on to something here...

BlazingSalvo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the responses.

For the first question, yes, I made sure that the file after adding was exactly 64 MB (67,108,864 bytes)
The clean dump appears to be precisely 64 MB.

For the second point, at this point I am also thinking that this is more then a simple file size issue.

It may be that in part of the games code there is a checksum or some sort of POST (power on self test) for the games own file. Perhaps its running a hash check or what have you and coming back with a not pass, causing the DSTT to say 'COVERT' and then not run it. It is possible that something like this is running as you boot the rom, and the other cards are simply ignoring it and doing their job, which is to start what you tell it to without question.

Also, it may be something like the game has checks of what type of font is being displayed in certain situations (because it can display both japanese characters as well as the english alphabet) and when its finding that what the game's engine is expecting to display is not there and is causing an error of some sort that the DSTT dosen't like.

Then again, im just brainstorming, I don't know anything about romhacking and what makes them tick.

As for the tool:

Info: http://www.maresware.com/maresware/html/chsize.htm

Download Page: http://www.maresware.com/maresware/freesoftware.htm

Tips: Id make a backup of whatever file you're working on before screwing with it using this, if you mistakenly type the wrong thing in, you could end up cutting off part of the file and ruin it permanently

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I d like to translate Pre-made deck .... but i don't found the file that contains premade deck names ....
actually i m searching some text that we don't have translated, it s nothing but i don't know where it is ....
Pre-made deck and computer names .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1