ROM Hack Jump Ulimate Stars Translation Project

frostfire

Trophies
Website
frozenstudios.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great project guys! I hope it gets finished, as I cannot read a word of jap like the most of us
frown.gif

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nice progress againnn.

lets see...just for fun...

i predict the translation to be done sometime in july...

june is highschool exams..so july..
smile.gif

lukestar123

Trophies
XP
Country
From what i know about NDS roms, online play wont be affected but download play would because NDS patched games (roms) lose something so you cant do download play.

JULY...its sooooo long =[
I have a few as levels so i'll be waiting lol, but when its done im gunna be soooo happy. WOOP for JUS and ryuk from death note ^,^

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi everyone. Wow, it's been a long time since I don't check the thread, like 2 days in a row...

Well, as you all know I've always been against making the beta release everyone is begging for but since Summer is approaching and we'll all have more free time, I'm thinking that it would be a great idea if we cooked it (maybe I could even volunteer correcting the translated text).

Only one question arises that pushes me back: does anyone else think doing a beta could make us settle with it and leave the project without completing it?

BTW, it's been a long time since we haven't heard of p1noypr1de.

So, I'd like to hear oppinions from volunteers about a beta release: pros, cons, wich files to include, do we already have all the knowledge necessary in the hacking side?

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I say, "RELEASE IT!!!". It probably won't cause us to stay with the beta and leave the patch since people want an 80% done patch.

Flavor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only one question arises that pushes me back: does anyone else think doing a beta could make us settle with it and leave the project without completing it?

I know that I'm not helping on this project, but I've discussed things with BeautifulBeast off of the board before.

My opinion is that doing a release now has a high probability of causing the project to stagnate.

I've been in a similar situation before. In my case, we were excited to make a release and once we did, it took 5 and a half years to re-start the project.

The JUSTP already has more going for it than my project did. I'm actually amazed by the progress that's been made.

So, here's the other side that's also very realistic. If you do not do a release until it's done, the project still has a good chance of stalling (since it seems that it's already going down that path). So, if you wait until it's 100% and it becomes stagnant, nobody gets to use it in ever.

I think it comes down to how playable you think a current-state release would be. If it's well done and makes the game playable to a new audience then it will probablly cause the project to gain more attention which could help further the progress. Also, if a release will help people play the game that otherwise wouldn't, then you can feel good about it.

Just be prepared for the negative comments. If it's not 100%, there will be people that don't understand the effort that you've put in and just think you released some half-baked garbage even though they use it and it's better to them than a fully-Japanese version.

Mithrandir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I think it comes down to how playable you think a current-state release would be. If it's well done and makes the game playable to a new audience then it will probablly cause the project to gain more attention which could help further the progress. Also, if a release will help people play the game that otherwise wouldn't, then you can feel good about it.
The current state is completely playable. Except a few exceptions, all there's left to translate are things like the manga descriptions (completely unneeded for gameplay)

consigliori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The current state is completely playable. Except a few exceptions, all there's left to translate are things like the manga descriptions (completely unneeded for gameplay)

As we fans read things like this, it is impossible to don´t get anxious for a patch!

I guess Mithrandir post says everything for us fans.

If it is fully playable, then there is no question about it...

RELEASE IT!!!!!

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, release it as a "beta" only available to GBATEMP users with more than 100 posts!
That would be totally awesome, as I am dying to get my hands on this patch!

CheexInk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think an essentials release would be best. It'd make a lot of people happy, plus translating and the coding work are different jobs so it shouldn't push back the full release any, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...