ROM Hack Jump Ulimate Stars Translation Project

flanker22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the percentage bars are misleading since the low bars have 90% of the total text in them. last time someone gave a number translation was more around 50%.

Cyborgmatt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think you should just release a beta along with a message that you're still looking for more help to get the project finished, if you don't this is never going to be finished.

Seraku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's a good idea if they do a beta, since that would make it blatently obvious that it isnt a finished product nor has it been abandoned so here's what we did before giving up type thing. I think that putting it on the download site is all well and good, but it will spread to other circles through things like torrents or usenet, so either a txt file in the zip or even better coded into the game somewhere that would be seen alot - even just having 'beta translation' would be good.

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry for not posting these past two days but, to be honest, it's getting a little akward like everytime you try to make a decision everyone rises their voice against it, sometimes not very politely.
So, if FAST6191 says we better wait until the translation is completely that gives us another reason to think it's the best way (BTW, try Ubuntu. I switched a month ago and haven't missed Windows).
Anyway, I tried to contact p1noypr1de a week ago and he didn't reply so I guess he's either left the project or too busy at school. Eitherway, the lack of translators is again our biggest problem and any ideas on how to recruit some would will be welcome.

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyway, I tried to contact p1noypr1de a week ago and he didn't reply so I guess he's either left the project or too busy at school.

its school man...
cry.gif

exam time for us now.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for not posting these past two days but, to be honest, it's getting a little akward like everytime you try to make a decision everyone rises their voice against it, sometimes not very politely.
That's what happens when your descisions are against what the majority obviously wants!
lecture.gif

Seraku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well seeing as how we've had no reports I think we should report failures and such to, so that the few people asking around aren't asking the same people. How about listing the places and then using the Mythbusters ratings: Busted Plausible and Confirmed.

I've just asked one of the main K-F people about it and showed him the site, I know that he has at least looked at it, so I'm giving it a Plausible for now. He said he might ask some of the other translators besides himself.

Podge

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just wanted to say great work so far on this. Jump! Ultimate Stars is an amazing game and the translated version would be fantastic. I wish there was something I could do to help. Unfortunatly, no previous ROM hacking knowledge nor translation ability. I'll see if I can try and gather some people from some other forums. Anyway yeah, keep up the good work!
biggrin.gif

KLAM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
hmm, i frequent a site called KOTAKU but i just visit the DS section here: http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ds

close to the bottom of the page u can send the writers info or tips or news or whatever, i tried it once and only to one of the writers, also in my perception he's not one of the friendliest ones there are.

since the site is only about official stuff (although i've seen lots of homebrew articles) i dont know if they will post anything related to roms. I consider this to be a special case cuz the game will never be translated (or so supposed) due to legal issues regarding copyrights.... but anyhow, u guys might wanna give it a shot sending the tip/info/story to the other writers and see what happens, that site is viewed by lots of ppl so yeah, it might help alot if they do an article.

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@seraku and Podge: I'm happy to see people taking things in a proactive way instead of just begging. Keep it up (and keep us updated).

@KLAM: Yeah, I already knew about Kotaku. That's site is great and I recomend it to anyone interested in videogames. Unfortunately, their sponsors are the same companies we're ripping by translating and pirating their games, so I don't think it would be a good idea to ask the to report about the site.

Ery

Trophies
XP
Country
@seraku and Podge: I'm happy to see people taking things in a proactive way instead of just begging. Keep it up (and keep us updated).

@KLAM: Yeah, I already knew about Kotaku. That's site is great and I recomend it to anyone interested in videogames. Unfortunately, their sponsors are the same companies we're ripping by translating and pirating their games, so I don't think it would be a good idea to ask the to report about the site.
What about GoNintendo.com?

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks to everyone who's submitted ideas to bring awareness of the project (Radivax, Mewgia, Shiro786) I just sent notifications to those blogs telling them about our project (how come I didn't think about DS fanboy first? I check that site everyday). I hope this brings us some translators.

KINGOFNOOBS

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm starting to think that this will all be done in vain. Why are we waiting until the entire thing is translated first?

The original point of this thread was just to get all of the menu's translated. Not the entire game. I still think that we should get the menu's translated first, then the full game.

Either way the same amount of work will be done. If you do the menu's now, you are going to eventually have to do them later anyway, so they might as well and be done now.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But the menus are easy to navigate for anyone with half a brain i have found. Also whats the point of translating just the menus when people will complain of not being able to know what to do and say that that might as well be translated at the same time. Since the menus are just graphics i think, it wouldnt take too long to do. So basically why do the project in two parts when you can kill two birds with one stone so to speak. I may have some facts wrong so if anyone can clear anything up that would be great.

KINGOFNOOBS

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The menu's only SEEM easy to navigate because you just simply memorize what they do...

Besides, you are missing the point. We could be hacking the menu's right now.. instead of waiting for the entire thing to be translated. You are going to have to hack the menu's either way, so you might as well and just do it now since this project is pretty much idle at this point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D