ROM Hack Jump Ulimate Stars Translation Project

frostfire

Trophies
Website
frozenstudios.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great project guys! I hope it gets finished, as I cannot read a word of jap like the most of us
frown.gif

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nice progress againnn.

lets see...just for fun...

i predict the translation to be done sometime in july...

june is highschool exams..so july..
smile.gif

lukestar123

Trophies
XP
Country
From what i know about NDS roms, online play wont be affected but download play would because NDS patched games (roms) lose something so you cant do download play.

JULY...its sooooo long =[
I have a few as levels so i'll be waiting lol, but when its done im gunna be soooo happy. WOOP for JUS and ryuk from death note ^,^

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi everyone. Wow, it's been a long time since I don't check the thread, like 2 days in a row...

Well, as you all know I've always been against making the beta release everyone is begging for but since Summer is approaching and we'll all have more free time, I'm thinking that it would be a great idea if we cooked it (maybe I could even volunteer correcting the translated text).

Only one question arises that pushes me back: does anyone else think doing a beta could make us settle with it and leave the project without completing it?

BTW, it's been a long time since we haven't heard of p1noypr1de.

So, I'd like to hear oppinions from volunteers about a beta release: pros, cons, wich files to include, do we already have all the knowledge necessary in the hacking side?

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I say, "RELEASE IT!!!". It probably won't cause us to stay with the beta and leave the patch since people want an 80% done patch.

Flavor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only one question arises that pushes me back: does anyone else think doing a beta could make us settle with it and leave the project without completing it?

I know that I'm not helping on this project, but I've discussed things with BeautifulBeast off of the board before.

My opinion is that doing a release now has a high probability of causing the project to stagnate.

I've been in a similar situation before. In my case, we were excited to make a release and once we did, it took 5 and a half years to re-start the project.

The JUSTP already has more going for it than my project did. I'm actually amazed by the progress that's been made.

So, here's the other side that's also very realistic. If you do not do a release until it's done, the project still has a good chance of stalling (since it seems that it's already going down that path). So, if you wait until it's 100% and it becomes stagnant, nobody gets to use it in ever.

I think it comes down to how playable you think a current-state release would be. If it's well done and makes the game playable to a new audience then it will probablly cause the project to gain more attention which could help further the progress. Also, if a release will help people play the game that otherwise wouldn't, then you can feel good about it.

Just be prepared for the negative comments. If it's not 100%, there will be people that don't understand the effort that you've put in and just think you released some half-baked garbage even though they use it and it's better to them than a fully-Japanese version.

Mithrandir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I think it comes down to how playable you think a current-state release would be. If it's well done and makes the game playable to a new audience then it will probablly cause the project to gain more attention which could help further the progress. Also, if a release will help people play the game that otherwise wouldn't, then you can feel good about it.
The current state is completely playable. Except a few exceptions, all there's left to translate are things like the manga descriptions (completely unneeded for gameplay)

consigliori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The current state is completely playable. Except a few exceptions, all there's left to translate are things like the manga descriptions (completely unneeded for gameplay)

As we fans read things like this, it is impossible to don´t get anxious for a patch!

I guess Mithrandir post says everything for us fans.

If it is fully playable, then there is no question about it...

RELEASE IT!!!!!

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, release it as a "beta" only available to GBATEMP users with more than 100 posts!
That would be totally awesome, as I am dying to get my hands on this patch!

CheexInk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think an essentials release would be best. It'd make a lot of people happy, plus translating and the coding work are different jobs so it shouldn't push back the full release any, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits... +1