ROM Hack Jump Ulimate Stars Translation Project

Ery

Trophies
XP
Country
@Radivax: I'm sure that Fast6191 knows what he's doing and they will release a patch when there ready. Which will hopefully be soon
Lovely
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK this is more of a proof of concept (I forgot how you get to it as well) and so I could get some work done, I lost my office disk so until open office appears I have no hex support on my spreadsheet either (hex calculations by hand and windows calculator are less than fun after the 13th time).

To this end I have only done one little file (the infoname.bin: http://crisistunity.com/justp/orfile/view?orfile=8&page=1 ), it uses a hell of an obtuse pointer map as well (different to the others too).

Basically you have a map, each pointer 4bytes long. Except for the first pointer which is accurate you then take the value given and add 4 multiplied by the pointer rank before taking a further 1 (actually you could possibly leave the take one section but hey): picture of my spreadsheet (yes that is a graph you see): http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/6264/jumphp0.jpg

Oh I doubt anyone will have use of it (all this file does is name support characters as far as I am aware (I recognise only a few names and they are minor)), it makes a rom as rebuilt with ndstool so it may not work on your cart (my EZ4 works fine and the final version will be done properly).

Download, xdelta format:
http://www.4shared.com/file/16351935/5cdeb1a9/JUSdemo.html

To see the work

You may want a save to test this and dualscene has one
http://www.dualscene.net/viewpage.php?page_id=30

Shuny's convertor if you need to convert:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=48582&hl=

My next one will probably be a graphics hack (menus).

Quick XDelta faq I stole from myself:
XDelta download page That version is for windows although it originally was a linux app and I believe there is a mac version around somewhere as well.

The syntax is as follows xdelta patch (patchname) (original file) (output file)

Here is the command line I gave with my NSMB translations:
Code:
rename *.nds NSMB.nds
xdelta patch TRANS2.patch NSMB.nds NSMBfre.nds

With regard to a GUI the NINJA2.0 betas had a kind of frontend (you needed the xdelta app in the same dir) but things are a bit hazy regarding its present state: http://ninja.cinnamonpirate.com/
There is also chuckstudios patcher:
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=5047

Mithrandir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Edit: ah, I just saw you said you lost your office cd. Does that mean you don't have the Analysis ToolPak add-in installed, and so you can't do hex math in excel?

superkyre

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.extendedplaystudios.com
XP
Country
Oh I doubt anyone will have use of it (all this file does is name support characters as far as I am aware (I recognise only a few names and they are minor)), it makes a rom as rebuilt with ndstool so it may not work on your cart (my EZ4 works fine and the final version will be done properly).

Well, it definitely doesn't work on the M3 Simply (and yes, I followed the instructions in patching the ROM using xdelta).
cry.gif
I tried it with a new save file (I forgot how tediously long the last bit of the tutorial world was), and with my existing one. Neither worked. Nuts.

I shall pray for the final version. Keep up the good work, translators!

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm posting this for Mewgia because his internet is playing up
Mewgia said:
...huh. It works on my G6 Real, but nothing seems to have changed. Did you edit the koma names are is it something elsewhere in the game? I browsed through all of the komas in the deck builder and found no english names.

- Sam (And Mewgia I suppose)

consigliori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn´t get it...

What happened after all??

FAST6191 will stop the rom-hacking??

And what about that files he presented? Are those files the current patch??

Is it working??

And how do I install it?

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
for the final, the patch that is needed is something that will patch it in a "clean" way...so it can be used on any flashcarts...

for example...the way cracker makes his trainers...IPS patch (i think)

when those patches are used, the rom still works in R4 as if it was a clean rom...

but i think FAST knows that this has to be done already (the above example was just...an example:))

i know xdelta patches that i tried in the past...didnt work with R4..

btw...everything is looking nice
smile.gif
..FAST is a student no more:)..lol..no more hiding
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@superkyre ndstool does not agree with some roms and carts (deufeufeu had a thread the other day about it), the final version will be redone nicely but I did not really feel like manually altering the file system yesterday morning.

@silvershadow you are most of the way there, xdelta is just a patching tool like bsdiff and ips. IPS though is limited to 16 megabyte files or the first 16 megabytes of the file (the trainers cracker makes alter the games code which is invariably in the first 16 megs, this alters the associated files which are not all in there), strictly speaking I could surpass it with a hack of IPS but that will cause more headaches than it is worth not to mention the fact IPS does not deal with shifted files well.

As for the lack of anything happening I made this release just to show some people some stuff but thought all you may have some interest as well, I only changed one small file with some support character names and it was not the deck it changed (I think was in a help file/encyclopedia somewhere). I am certainly not giving up on this, quite in fact as I am only just out of a cast I have precious little else to do other than work on this while it fully recovers.

As for my lack of hex support I got open office and once the base function was figured out it was all good.

Mithrandir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The Spanish translation uses ndstool, and it seems to work great for everyone... I personally tested it on M3SD.
They have this batch file to automate the process:
Code:
echo Parcheador universal NDS 0.5 por BeRzEsKeR para EOL (www.elotrolado.net)
ndstool -x old.nds -9 arm9.bin -7 arm7.bin -y9 y9.bin -y7 y7.bin -d temp -y overlay -t banner.bin -h header.bin
copy /Y patch\bin\*.* temp\bin\*.*
copy /Y patch\Common\*.* temp\Common\*.*
ndstool.exe -c jus_tran.nds -9 arm9.bin -7 arm7.bin -y9 y9.bin -y7 y7.bin -d temp -y overlay -t banner.bin -h header.bin
del arm9.bin
del arm7.bin
del y9.bin
del y7.bin
del banner.bin
del header.bin
rd /s /q overlay
rd /s /q temp

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@silvershadow you are most of the way there, xdelta is just a patching tool like bsdiff and ips. IPS though is limited to 16 megabyte files or the first 16 megabytes of the file (the trainers cracker makes alter the games code which is invariably in the first 16 megs, this alters the associated files which are not all in there), strictly speaking I could surpass it with a hack of IPS but that will cause more headaches than it is worth not to mention the fact IPS does not deal with shifted files well.

ahh i see, thanks for the tech info. i didnt really know the difference, i just know that the ips patches always worked for me, and the xdelta didnt...but yah, i know u know what ur doing, and also, dont go make things harder for urself (by surpassing anything unnecessary)..just go with what u feel is best.

im just excited about the whole project, thats all:)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
IPS does not work for files over 16megs (you can set some apps to start from an offset: this is the hack I was talking of and only a few patchers support it).

if it helps here is a batch file to do it for you:

rename *.nds JUMP.nds
xdelta patch JUSDemo.patch JUMP.nds JUMPtrans.nds

Have xdelta, the patch and jump ultimate stars (clean rom) in the same directory, make a batch file (or copy, paste and run the commands in a command line window) save it in the same directory and double click it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1