• Views 1,180,931
  • Replies 8,959

DeucesCGJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got the Water Chimp pokemon and am using him along with my grass starter and Yooterii. Any word on where the fire chimp and grass chimp are?

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can now sort of confirm that there are no freezes with R4 Wood firmware 1.12 after applying the Hex edit. I'm currently 5 hours into the game, 4 level 18 pokemon, and recently beat the second gym. I only say "Sort of", because it is possible that I've been really lucky up until this point, but I doubt that. People are saying a lot of things, like the freezes are consistent, and it happens after every 15th event, but that is obviously untrue for the card I'm using. Playing nonstop from minute one to hour 5 obviously passes the 15 event mark where the game is "supposed" to freeze. At this point, I can safely say that my event marker has reached at LEAST 200, and everything is still working the way it is supposed to. No freezes whatsoever.

So there ya go, R4 Wood users. You're safe.

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar said:
Where do i go after gym 1?

After you beat the first gym, you should be greeted by someone who takes you into her house and gives you HM01 - Cut. After you get cut, teach it to a pokemon, and take the top-right exit out of the town. Everything is self explanatory from there. Enjoy.

Edit: And after that, you get the C-GEAR. I'm not putting this in a spoiler, because everyone should know this. After the person gives you the C-Gear, you get a yes/no choice. Select no. If you select yes, you attempt to go online, and your game freezes.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porkmaster said:
Rockstar said:

After you beat the first gym, you should be greeted by someone who takes you into her house and gives you HM01 - Cut. After you get cut, teach it to a pokemon, and take the top-right exit out of the town. Everything is self explanatory from there. Enjoy.

I went to the top-right exit out of the town and finished going through a cutscene. I don't know what to do next. I notice that there's a staircase next to the area the cutscene took place, leading to an entrance below ground (I think). I can't get to the staircase area, as their is an orange cone blocking the way. What am I supposed to do now?

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am r4ymond said:
Porkmaster said:
Rockstar said:

I went to the top-right exit out of the town and finished going through a cutscene. I don't know what to do next. I notice that there's a staircase next to the area the cutscene took place, leading to an entrance below ground (I think). I can't get to the staircase area, as their is an orange cone blocking the way. What am I supposed to do now?
same prob

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
Porkmaster said:
Rockstar said:

After your intense battle with Team Plasma, go back to the house of the person who gave you cut. Remember what I said about the C-GEAR.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porkmaster said:
I am r4ymond said:
Porkmaster said:
Rockstar said:

After your intense battle with Team Plasma, go back to the house of the person who gave you cut. Remember what I said about the C-GEAR.

Hehe, I got the C-Gear, accidentally pressed "YES" when questioned to Wi-Fi or not and it didn't even freeze
tongue.gif
. I think that's because I'm using a DSTWO. Thanks for the help btw.

NatureMade

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dunno if the sharing of Friend codes is "within context" of the thread itself, but if anyone would like to add me, my FC is
3395:8991:2542 - Lyon
biggrin.gif

PM me your FC if you add me, so I can add you back.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A question out of curiosity:

What is the C-Gear and what does it do? I see "IR", "Wi-Fi" , and "Wireless." What does that represent? Does it have something to do with Multiplayer Mode?

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
A question out of curiosity:

What is the C-Gear and what does it do? I see "IR", "Wi-Fi" , and "Wireless." What does that represent? Does it have something to do with Multiplayer Mode?

The C-Gear

The C-Gear is a new feature within Pokémon Black & White. It sits upon the bottom screen in a similar manner to the Pokétch in Diamond & Pearl and provides a variety of features. You get it in-game after completing a task for Makomo.
Firstly, it is constantly looking for local Wireless, InfraRed and WiFi connections for you to meet with your friends. This feature can be turned off easily enough for those who do not wish to be on the constant lookout

Pass By Mode

While it's on the lookout, if you come near any other person who is playing the game with their C Gear on, you will automatically connect to them and get details on them. You'll get their trainer details on the screen and can also see in realtime how they are doing in battle. For example, if their Pokémon has low Hit Points, it will inform you of it.

Global Link

Within the C Gear, you also have the ability of syncing your game up to the Global Link. This feature will allow you to select a Pokémon to send to the Global Link and will allow you to receive Pokémon as well..

-Taken from Serebii.net

alo123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the monkey pokemon you get is depended on the starter you
choose I picked the fire starter and got a grass monkey

NatureMade

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Flaming_printer said:
Did anyone else notice that the grass will move sometimes if it has a wild Pokemon in it. It just happened to me.

I think that's only when that pink fluffy pokemon [Tabbune] is present. It's said to appear in all routes in a manner similar to chancy from Red and Blue Edition.
Was it Tabbune that was in the grass, or was it something else?

QUOTE(I am r4ymond @ Sep 18 2010, 01:39 AM) A question out of curiosity:

I see it was explained but to break it down further, this is how I think it works.

IR - Is for By-pass mode and Trading with people near by, without really knowing who or where they are. Similar to Local Play, but through the IR built into the game's chip [meaning flash-cart user's have NO access to this]

Wifi - You sign up for Global link at Pokemon-gl.com [currently under maintenance it says] and then link it to your game's account. You can then send a pokemon from your game into the Global Link website to play with, which allows you to encounter and befriend new pokemon from outside of Isshu, to BRING into the game [You don't really get them, but more, you unlock them to be caught in specific parts of the region]

Wireless - is what you see, and what you get. It's just local play with people you know and have pre-arranged.

At least, these are my assumptions of how it all works. I don't speak japanese, so don't hold it against me.

Flaming_printer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NatureMade said:
Flaming_printer said:
Did anyone else notice that the grass will move sometimes if it has a wild Pokemon in it. It just happened to me.

I think that's only when that pink fluffy pokemon [Tabbune] is present. It's said to appear in all routes in a manner similar to chancy from Red and Blue Edition.
Was it Tabbune that was in the grass, or was it something else?

Oh, yeah it was Tabbune. I didn't realize that.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeucesCGJ said:
I just got the Water Chimp pokemon and am using him along with my grass starter and Yooterii. Any word on where the fire chimp and grass chimp are?

I believe you receive the monkey that your starter is strong against - I picked the Water Starter and I received the Fire Monkey. I'm not sure if they are one of a kind or not, so I don't know. Sorry :/

Loving this game. On my third badge.

Edit
Also, has anyone noticed something randomly popping up in the water? It appears as if something is in there, but after a while, it disappears. Has anyone else noticed this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw