Journey

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what it's about, but it looks like something I'd be interested in.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, Journey.
wub.gif
This is my most anticipated game of the year. Its got a terrific pedigree, coming from the folks who developed FlOwer, which is one of the most uniquely artistic games of any generation, and in my opinion one of the high points in the so-called "games as art" debate.

It just sounds terrific beyond that, though. Not very much is known about the game at this time, but there are some fairly meaty developer interviews and extended gameplay footage up on gametrailers.com. One element they are really pushing though is that its online capable.

Essentially while journeying through your world you may run into another player (this can be turned on or off). You can stumble upon any random stranger on PSN (one at a time). You can then choose to either help each other, or not, but there is no direct communication between the two of you. IE there is no voice chat or messaging functionality. You communicate through your actions. For example if you were to start walking side by side with them, then they know that you wish to accompany them on their journey.

What that means is that the game encourages cooperation for mutual benefit, without any annoying chatter to break the illusion of the reality Journey creates. There will be no inappropriate comments or trash talk, just simple serenity, and the weight of Journey's world washing over you.

I am beyond excited for this game, and am still amazed that we are now living in an era where my most anticipated game of the year is a downloadable title, and a PlayStation 3 exclusive. Truth be told, I never thought I would be saying either of those things.
tongue.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so buying this

read about this first in PSM3 magazine - just hope the download size is in the reasonable limits of my poor cnxn

glad i didn't waste all the money that i have in my PSN wallet
laugh.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Now that I know a little something about the game, I'm anticipating it more than I already was when I just saw the trailer. Looks like it's going to be pretty amazing.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
probably the best trailer in the world.... it explained so much about the game and got me really excited about buying it

^warning - sarcasm above^

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
Apparently, if you die, you are transported to a different world. So, say you've partnered up with someone, once you die you'll never see them again. Sounds emotional.
The aim of the game is to get to a massive tower or pyramid (i forget) that's always there in the horizon.
This will change people's minds about videogames not being art.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
L-Lawliet said:
Apparently, if you die, you are transported to a different world. So, say you've partnered up with someone, once you die you'll never see them again. Sounds emotional.
The aim of the game is to get to a massive tower or pyramid (i forget) that's always there in the horizon.
I don't know about you, but I was always under the impression that once you die you never see anyone again.

Also, ICO and SotC really changed my mind about video games not being art. Those games were more about the music and the amazing, yet not overpowering visuals rather than action, but they're still a joy to play over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:
L-Lawliet said:
I don't know about you, but I was always under the impression that once you die you never see anyone again.

Also, ICO and SotC really changed my mind about video games not being art. Those games were more about the music and the amazing, yet not overpowering visuals rather than action, but they're still a joy to play over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...
I agree about ICO and SotC, can't wait for the HD release on PS3 and then Last Guardian. When you say you never see anyone again, what do you mean? Anyone at all, or anyone you were with before

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
L-Lawliet said:
_Chaz_ said:
L-Lawliet said:

I agree about ICO and SotC, can't wait for the HD release on PS3 and then Last Guardian. When you say you never see anyone again, what do you mean? Anyone at all, or anyone you were with before
Anyone at all... If you're dead I don't think you'll be seeing too much of anything really.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted +1