Narrative VR adventure 'Journey to Foundation' to launch in October

foundation vr.JPG

VR developer Archiact has announced that their upcoming VR title, Journey to Foundation, which is based on Isaac Asimov’s Foundation book series will launch in a few weeks' time. A new trailer accompanied the announcement:

In Journey to Foundation, players step into the shoes of Agent Ward, a spy sent to the edge of the Galactic Empire to infiltrate a group of deserters. They'll visit breathtaking locations, make gut-wrenching choices that change the story, and form deep connections with unforgettable characters. Will you join the Foundation, or will you stay true to your mission and loyal to those that sent you on your journey?

Features of Journey to Foundation include:
  • Experience Foundation - Immerse yourself in Asimov’s groundbreaking universe in this interactive VR experience.
  • Participatory storytelling - In this narrative-driven sci-fi adventure, your choices carry consequences that will affect your journey.
  • Mentalics - Use mental science to uncover and influence the emotions of others - your very life might depend on it.
  • Equipment to rule the stars - You’ll be armed with the best weapons and tools the Empire has to offer. How you use them is up to you.
  • Dynamic conversations - Interact and connect with characters on an entirely new level thanks to an innovative conversation system.
  • Expansive gameplay - Disguise, hack, and blast your way through the galaxy. It’s up to you to decide how to approach each situation, with tools at your disposal to forge your own path.
Journey to Foundation will launch on PlayStation VR2, Meta Quest 2, and Pico 4 on October 26.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Since I'm waaaaay out of the VR game. Is this the first game that really try to make a adventure story with help of VR? Since that might work really well

Reactions: KiiWii

Nagarjuna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. I thought the apple TV show was cool but it obviously didn't stay totally in line with the source material. Hard to do with time skips ranging centuries. Hope we see The Mule. Combat is weird since a huge part of the book was that violence can be avoided.

Last edited by Nagarjuna,

N10A

Her stare burns...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love seeing new vr games :)
Seeing more games use smooth locomotion as standard is cool too.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It sparked my interest for a bit until it said "weapons". I would have been fine with a futuristic Life is Strange type of game, but this sounds more like Mass Effect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto