Hacking Iwata: Piracy “is an endless battle”

Sayargh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had a choice between the PS3 and an Xbox 360 i'd choose both - because if I had to choose one, i'd lose out on games.

Only poor people can't afford to have both and I did. I have all the consoles.

And as for why the PS3 isn't cracked yet, the answer is obvious, Blu-ray.

Its not cheap to burn blu-ray discs yet, the xbox still uses dvds and therefore it is pirated more, doesn't take a genius to figure this crap out. Its nothing to do with games, its the technology.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sayargh said:
If I had a choice between the PS3 and an Xbox 360 i'd choose both - because if I had to choose one, i'd lose out on games.

Only poor people can't afford to have both and I did. I have all the consoles.

And as for why the PS3 isn't cracked yet, the answer is obvious, Blu-ray.

Its not cheap to burn blu-ray discs yet, the xbox still uses dvds and therefore it is pirated more, doesn't take a genius to figure this crap out. Its nothing to do with games, its the technology.

If the ps3 was hacked, it would be hacked to run games from the HDD. The Wii does not have HDD built-in not even usb2.0 support, but it was done. The only 2 good possible reasons why the ps3 is not hacked yet are:
1. the security is really good and has few bugs
2. the homebrewers and pirates are not united because of the linux on the old ps3 versions

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
got wii and 2 360's,, dam.. gonna get another wii since the other on is brick (can't wait for it to be repaired) and still planning on getting a ps3 (now on 299!! might be a nice christmas present for my self) even though it's not yet hack and so call no games in there. there still games there that i want to buy that are not on 360 or wii

nintendo always did a lousy job on countering this anti piracy thing. even NES and SNES got this thing to load backups via 1.4 diskettes

Unfortune

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
nintendo is making people pay too much
heres what i have bought

Wii - when it was 280 dollars
GBA when it was 80 dollars
Wii remote - 40 dollars
Wii Fit - 150 dollars i think
motionplus - 25 dollars
some games - 60 dollars each.

isn't it okay if you pirate just 1 game? ive payed enough.
of course ill still be buying games and motion plus's.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY