ROM Hack It's a Wonderful World

Riku Akiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the script editor and got about 1000 messages translated...but the Script editor buggered up. Rmco Told me he'll be fixing this problem by friday, so expect to see some pretty big things ahead
happy.gif

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, 1,000 msgs already!

It looks like there is a real translation competition now, who will finish first, It's A Wonderful World with a 2-man group, or the Jump Ultimate Stars with 100s of people?

Riku Akiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, 1,000 msgs already!

It looks like there is a real translation competition now, who will finish first, It's A Wonderful World with a 2-man group, or the Jump Ultimate Stars with 100s of people?
*laughs some* Please keep in mind, this isn't a race my friend, I prefer quality over quantity.
happy.gif
But needless to say, Im pretty determined to get this done, as is RMCO

lukie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
good luck to the 2-man group.

nice to see the progress so far.

i would love to help except i don't know any jap at all
smile.gif

i'm chinese.. so some of the kanji might look familiar. lol.

rmco2003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm in the same boat as Riku over this, definataly quality over quantity, remember I have to go and edit the approx. 24995 messages after he's translated them to make sure they're the correct length, have all of the control codes needed, etc. This is going to take a lot of effort to complete. but the script editor will make it much easier.

rmco2003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
4% is accurate from what Riku had before he lost his work, now he's starting over, but I'd half that percentage since I still have to go over the script to edit and localize it and make sure it's ready for the game, and that's just the first pass, it's going to take a lot of testing and script revising before this is finished, and that's without touching the graphics.

The game will be patched through my own patching format and patcher, but it'll still use ndstool to pack the files, it'll a one click process to produce the patched rom, which should make it easier for everyone.

Coppanuva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you patch it yourself... how will we get the ROM? OR do you not plan to release it? Because last I checked posting ROMs here was kinda against the rules... start an e-mail list or something? And keep up the work... I'm looking forward to this. And I agree with the quality over quantity thing...

TripDyke

Trophies
Website
bichan.livejournal.com
XP
Country
RMCO and Riku, I've added you guys to my MSN so that I can give as much help and moral support as possible. Like I said, my Japanese is a bit rusty in terms of Kanji, but I'm still okay with hiragana and katakana as well as grammar. Gimme a yell if you do want my help
happy.gif

rmco2003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you patch it yourself... how will we get the ROM? OR do you not plan to release it? Because last I checked posting ROMs here was kinda against the rules... start an e-mail list or something? And keep up the work... I'm looking forward to this. And I agree with the quality over quantity thing...

A patch will be released................
dry.gif

NakedAngel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Woot i have to give you guys credit for translation this game haha, its truely a wonderful game... Except the font's so small ingame, even the Chinese guys gave up on translating it lol (I remember we had a group of 78 ppl who were in eager to do it then it was announced canceled)

Keep up the good work!! I'll help in anyway i can
grog.gif

Riku Akiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the Lack of updates guys, I've been VERY busy lately. My birthday was recent, plus Im moving on the 30th of Oct. So needless to say, things have been hectic IRL. But I've been working on the translation when I can, so when I do move, I'll have PLENTY of free time, so expect some HUGE updates!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1