Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I live in west sussex, england so pretty far from you
tongue.gif

I don't really like the localized name for the game, 'It's a Wonderful World' is more of a sarcastic / ironic name, 'The World Ends With You' is more like a cheesy line from a fantasy novel.
Well, it could possibly not be the translated name for the game, because the only thing anyone knows is that Square Enix has Trademarked these names. Heck, it might even be a name for a game! (But I would at least expect it for a game...)

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea i like the japanese name better, and can you change the DEATH GOD it's sounds cooler if it's SHINIGAMI
biggrin.gif

rmco2003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I prefer Death God myself, if you want Japanese words then play it in Japanese. I'll probably end up changing it to one of the terms in the early Bleach fansubs, I'm not using Soul Reaper though.

rmco2003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking of using something similar to death god that may sound more natural, although what that could be I don't know, like Oblivion Master or something?

If people could post their own ideas that'd be awesome, just a two word title similar to Death God that could be used for the game.

Whoever wins can get my old babelfished patch
tongue.gif

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Shinigami
The Terminator
Life Guard (baywatch anyone?)
Han Solo
The Fallen

Actually, I have no good ideas I'm just posting whatever was leaking out of my brain.

Death God in Latin:

Mortis Angelus (Angel of Death)

Derived:

Mar Dauthi (Saint of Death)

rmco2003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
While Mortis Angelius sounds pretty cool, I'm worried about how it'll sound in game, take for example the following in-game line:

"What, a Death God?"

If you use the latin translated one, it's

"What, a Mortis Angelius?"

I think that because the new term contains extra syllables, it stops it from reading that well, which kinda gets to me, if there's a similar word that's 1 syllable for the second word then I have a winner.

rmco2003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've decided on Mortis Deus as the new term, so I'll release a patch as soon as I finish building the patcher
tongue.gif

I'm not going to use traditional patch formats like PPF and IPS formats, I'll be creating my own, since this DS translation requires replacing files, and the normal formats don't support features I want such as multi-language support, optional file patching, descriptions and credits, and actually patching or replacing individual files instead of parts of the whole rom.

It'll still require NDSTool but I'll package that with the patcher, so look forward to the results.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hurray. If you need free hosting for anything, looks towards me
biggrin.gif
(unless you have a host, I can offer up to 5-10 GB(personal, I have 500 GB) + 5 TB hostwide bandwidth)

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami makes me think of Death Note. And the screens for this game remind me of Kingdom Hearts. Now THAT would be a heck of a smashup.

Thanks for hanging in there guys, I am looking forward to the results.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT