ROM Hack Itadaki Street Ds open translation

caribou007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just want to chime in and say I am interested in playing this game. I was glad to find out that it's being attempted, but not glad to find out it's been so frustrating and difficult. Thank you anyway to anyone involved, and good luck with all of your work in this and other projects.

Reactions: cyb0rg

sirocyl

Are we Geniuses or what?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if the map data format is similar, or even the same, between the Wii (Fortune Street) port and the DS version?
I've taken a small initiative to tearing at the ROM and seeing from a cursory glance how much trouble it would be to translate, but it looks like quite the daunting task.
I had an idea, for the images that need to be translated. If there's an equivalent image in Fortune Street on the Wii, couldn't we port them across?

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
..... Eventually when I give up on finding the font for Itadaki street ds this is exactly what I have to do if I want to avoid short forming the translation. this may even be the best way to get around not editing the font for this game asm wise.
Which font? the main dialog one is located at 0xC8A10 in the decompressed arm9 binary. The function that draws it is at 02045038.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
thankyou normatt... (damn already vwf) I can't believe I missed this.

what I get for not paying more attention
weirdly enough I saw the dice when I was first looking for the font I skipped right past them as they didn't have the whole font (facepalm). Now I can use the 10 by 15 letters...

makes me feel like such a freaking noob. (about 350 letters + to play with about 20 more than I need for dte/mte) Now syncing this with the keyboard font....

multi format (bpp)... sigh I saw that earlier but didn't investigate enough.

edit actual number of letters to play with 382. according to DTEcount I only need 232. Sigh so nice to have space to spare. Even better this is without re-pointing yet.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goddammit, here I thought a patch was released >:(

the DS one got me into the Itadaki Street series. Can't really stand the non-themed ones, the ones before the Special series... but they're all good fun still. Wanna know something really cool, though? The Wii version, Fortune Street, has a board editor out :D It's nice to play some awesome maps that don't take hours to finish, just a bit smaller!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632973-fortune-street/61369903

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
sorry just slowly working on the font(s) for this game. Projects not dead. Oh, I am working on other projects.
Not an excuse but I did just get a full time job. A job which has taken way more time than I thought it would.

caribou007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is anyone able to help rastsan with this difficult translation project? Itadaki Street is a very unique game and would be a valuable addition to the English language DS library.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
just spent some time identifying text in images. (the stuck in a hospital thing tends to give you time to do such... sigh). 4 images down for this game. (38 for other games...)
also took some time to translate a little online. Focusing is a little hard right now so I am kinda all over the place. doing what I can. I had a usb hard drive go down. 3 to 5 months of various projects work down. yeah and no money to fix this... That is what I get for buying from a non legit seller. (read clone drive stupidity and last time I shop there.) so tempted to do it myself. so very tempted but that could just be the meds talking...

I have located bmd models in this game. have successfully rebuilt a couple of them into files that I could rip from and edit. Have yet to try rebuilding the images into more mainstream nds ncgr, nscr format. Which would simplify things a crap load.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess it's just a click then +2