Homebrew It is safe to install CHBL via Mocha CFW?

ICY MB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A friend told me that purchased vc games are no longer required and it is safe, but i still have my suspects, it is really true? i don't want to brick the console

D

Deleted User

i still have my suspects
Thank you for having those suspects!
You should ask that friend of yours where he got that information from. Haxchi by itself will work with pirated VCs, but you need signature patches beforehand in order to run it, which means opening the browser, which pretty much defeats the purpose of Haxchi.

CHBC runs the VC program before signature patches can possibly be applied, which means that if signature checks fail, you won't be able to boot your console past an error screen.

Shawnj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for having those suspects!
You should ask that friend of yours where he got that information from. Haxchi by itself will work with pirated VCs, but you need signature patches beforehand in order to run it, which means opening the browser, which pretty much defeats the purpose of Haxchi.

CHBC runs the VC program before signature patches can possibly be applied, which means that if signature checks fail, you won't be able to boot your console past an error screen.
HaxChi on illegitimate VC titles is still useful for people who want to launch homebrew apps directly from the Home menu, because you can just convert custom images into .tga, change the config andtitle and Voila! you have yourself a DIY Wii U equivalent of a WAD. Obviously, you're still limited by the fact that Nintendo doesn't sell infinite VC games, but it's still helpful for those who want it.

Reactions: Litle_Bird

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaxChi on illegitimate VC titles is still useful for people who want to launch homebrew apps directly from the Home menu, because you can just convert custom images into .tga, change the config andtitle and Voila! you have yourself a DIY Wii U equivalent of a WAD. Obviously, you're still limited by the fact that Nintendo doesn't sell infinite VC games, but it's still helpful for those who want it.

u can use a config.txt to boot multiple homebrew. don't use downloaded games for coldboothax though.

Shawnj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. It just might be more convenient for some people to just set it up as a singular launcher icon. I personally think making one for retroarch and linking all of the cores to a different button would be cool. Obviously, using it for coldboothax is a big no-no unless you are trying to destroy your Wii U, but I'm just pointing out that yes, having illegetimate haxChi titles has some advantages.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's not one for retroarch afaik, but there r installable forwarders for such things as wup installer and loadiine. if u want to use mocha, I think ur limited to redNAND with haxchi cfw. install system config tool to it, then u'll know which NAND ur in. the mocha boot logo helps too. :P

Shawnj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
there's not one for retroarch afaik, but there r installable forwarders for such things as wup installer and loadiine. if u want to use mocha, I think ur limited to redNAND with haxchi cfw. install system config tool to it, then u'll know which NAND ur in. the mocha boot logo helps too. :P
I use a CBHC+Mocha RedNAND setup (I overwrote the CBHC title with Haxchi, so I know for sure that it's the redNAND.Not sure why that's relevant, but okay. and the idea I had was creating a Retroarch Haxchi icon using the custom options available for Haxchi titles and the fact you can choose the core using the button held during title launch.

And I know about the installable forwarders. I have one for WUP installer GX2.

Last edited by Shawnj,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
too bad it's not like the vita (tried an outdated wii u version) where u have one main core, then u can load any core from within. I don't think the 3ds can do this either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay