Issues transferring to a new SD Card (CFW)

deezly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got a sale and upgraded to a 1TB micro SD card! Super hype about it. My collection will be huge.

I read I can just copy / paste everything from my old SD card to the new one and it would work like normal.

But when I use my switch now its pretty laggy. It takes quite some time to load games, and a lot of the time the games just flat out crash on me :( I've had it modded for nearly a year and never had a crash before.

Any suggestions? I did a decent amount of testing on the card and I don't think it's at fault. It's faster then my last one in all the tests.

Do you guys think maybe it got corrupted moving from card to card?

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys think maybe it got corrupted moving from card to card?
Probably.
It could also be because those cards are a couple years old, so the transfer rate is low.

I used to use USB+MSD on Wii U; LSYK: Bayonetta 2 was 15FPS and BotW corrupted its save data. The solution was a HDD with its' own power. No problems after that related to FPS drops or data coruption, even moving it with the official title mover.

Personally, if I were you (and you have all the necessary blocking methods up, as well as the ability to wipe what N sees, if you care), use the official Switch title transfer from your MSD to system, back to new 1TB, i.e., Mario on your 64gb to the title/data transfer for onboard system, then change to your 1TB and reverse the process.
I never had any issues doing it this way.

deezly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of trying exfat and seeing if it runs better .... Or just doing a fully clean install.

Im not sure how to go about doing what you said...

deezly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of trying exfat and seeing if it runs better .... Or just doing a fully clean install.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you make it EX, it has more chances of corruption, especially if you use a lot of different homebrew (and also) search for cheats.

If you're referring to the transfer:
if you have titles on other cards and you want to safely move them:

------

@ 4:07 he makes a mention of N's recommended cards

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,

Thumbboozi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Instead of copy/pasting the files trying using the guide for whatever CFW you are currently using. I copied atmosphere/Hekate to a new. SD card through the guide suggestions and had no problems, both SD cards work flawlessly now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Sounds like scheduling an appt with the ENT was the best decision. I have many of those symptions. The pain in neck and back of head, ringing in the ear, being very tired all the time, dizzyness, etc.
    +1
    hope im not going to die from it before i see the ent in a month
    +1
    Looks like it can be fatal
    +1
    If people suddenly see no more posts/comments from me for a week. I died. :(
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    thoughts and prayers
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @RedColoredStars, yeah the symptoms you describe sounded like that, I'm not a Dr though I'm sure there could be other causes but that one sounded close to me.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hey guys
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, What happened? Are you okay?
    +1
    @SylverReZ Significant pain in my neck, shoulder, and back of my head. Loud ringing in my ear and sounds like I have an ear plug in. Excessive tiredness. Slightly blurred vision.
    Been going on for 40 days. Regular doctors and chiropractor did not help. ENT appointment isn't for another 27 days. I hope I live that long.
    That really sounds like the nerve in your neck
    Everything leads to vegas nerve compression. which in looking into it, can cause very bad health issues and can absolutely be fatal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, That sucks. My mum had a very bad neck and she's been to many drs to see what the problem is, and none of them noticed anything (except for one). They found that her discs is squeezing between her esophagus.
    Try a hot wet towel (almost burning hot) on your upper neck almost the base of your skull. Might provide temporary relief
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It's why she cannot swallow hard food
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    :( I feel sorry for you, man.
    Genetics
    Ive done that a lot. Hot compresses.
    It does provide temp relief but comes back right away.
    A simple surgery might be able to correct it for both of you
    The source of this information for me is Dr House. Some of the stories where based on actual cases
    One episode helped me save a life one time
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    House M.D. is great.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Sad for the pain. I hope it gets better somehow. @RedColoredStars
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Sad for the pain. I hope it gets better somehow. @RedColoredStars