Homebrew Issue launching SD Card file management for BannerBomb3 and Fredtool

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 9,050
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted User

OP
I was having an issue where the DSiWare file management SD card section in the 3DS system settings would crash the system after attempting to open it while having the BannerBomb3 F00D43D5.bin file in the DSiWare folder in the SD Card.

This issue also happens with any other .bin file that would be used for CFW, including the one required for Boot9Strap(Fredtool).

This issue was, to my knowledge, first reported on the internet by Reddit user u/Tippernockey on the r/3DSshacks help post.

I want to note that I was able to install CFW before on this system(But have uninstalled it) so it's not a hardware issue, and I have attempted to format the system but this does not resolve the issue.

As Tippernockey said in his comment on Reddit, "I'm at a total loss as to what's wrong."

This issue can be fixed by using Steelhax to launch the Homebrew launcher and using the homebrew launcher to launch TWLfix. Instructions on how to use TWLfix are found on it's Github page. (I can't link the Steelhax guide or the TWLfix Github page since I'm a new member, but a quick Google search will find them.)

Last edited by ,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[3ds.hack.guide] seedminer (Italian version)

???

Section I - Compatibility Test
While this test is not strictly necessary to perform the Seedminer exploit, the follow-up exploits to this do require this test to be performed and it would be a waste of time and effort to perform Seedminer without the ability to use the other exploits.

There are two different methods for building on the Seedminer exploit (described in more detail at the bottom of this page), so even if this test fails you can still use another method.

DS Internet Settings Test (used for Fredtool)
  1. Go to System Settings, then “Internet Settings”, then “Nintendo DS Connections”
  2. Press “OK”
  3. If your device loads into a “Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Setup” menu, the test was successful
    • If the screen stays black or appears to freeze, the test has failed and you will not be able to use the bannerbomb3 method which requires a functioning DS Internet Settings
  4. Exit this menu

Reactions: Lacius
D

Deleted User

OP
Testing my 3DS brings me to the menu so BannerBomb3 is perfectly possible, but that's not the problem. Even Steelhax is impossible since any DSiWare .bin file placed in the Nintendo DSiWare folder causes the file management menu for SD card DSi Ware titles to crash the system, so I can't use Fredtool or Haxxxxxx.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Testing my 3DS brings me to the menu so BannerBomb3 is perfectly possible, but that's not the problem. Even Steelhax is impossible since any DSiWare .bin file placed in the Nintendo DSiWare folder causes the file management menu for SD card DSi Ware titles to crash the system, so I can't use Fredtool or Haxxxxxx.
:\

I summon the [insert adjective]miner guy, @zoogie!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1