Issue launching SD Card file management for BannerBomb3 and Fredtool

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Diamondop1234, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Diamondop1234
    OP

Diamondop1234 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2019
    Italy
    I was having an issue where the DSiWare file management SD card section in the 3DS system settings would crash the system after attempting to open it while having the BannerBomb3 F00D43D5.bin file in the DSiWare folder in the SD Card.

This issue also happens with any other .bin file that would be used for CFW, including the one required for Boot9Strap(Fredtool).

This issue was, to my knowledge, first reported on the internet by Reddit user u/Tippernockey on the r/3DSshacks help post.

I want to note that I was able to install CFW before on this system(But have uninstalled it) so it's not a hardware issue, and I have attempted to format the system but this does not resolve the issue.

As Tippernockey said in his comment on Reddit, "I'm at a total loss as to what's wrong."

This issue can be fixed by using Steelhax to launch the Homebrew launcher and using the homebrew launcher to launch TWLfix. Instructions on how to use TWLfix are found on it's Github page. (I can't link the Steelhax guide or the TWLfix Github page since I'm a new member, but a quick Google search will find them.)

Last edited by Diamondop1234, Aug 8, 2019
  2. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    [3ds.hack.guide] seedminer (Italian version)

???

Lacius likes this.
  3. Diamondop1234
    OP

Diamondop1234 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2019
    Italy
    Testing my 3DS brings me to the menu so BannerBomb3 is perfectly possible, but that's not the problem. Even Steelhax is impossible since any DSiWare .bin file placed in the Nintendo DSiWare folder causes the file management menu for SD card DSi Ware titles to crash the system, so I can't use Fredtool or Haxxxxxx.

4. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    :\

I summon the [insert adjective]miner guy, @zoogie!

5. Diamondop1234
    OP

Diamondop1234 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2019
    Italy
    I think I found the fix, I was able to open SD card management for DSiWare and open Haxxxxx after running TWLFix for Homebrew through Steelhax.

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  6. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Can you share what you did to fix it? This is in case someone else runs into the same issue.

7. Diamondop1234
    OP

Diamondop1234 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2019
    Italy
    Sure. I'll add the instructions to the original post.

zoogie likes this.