Hardware Is xbox 360 N network wireless adapter really good?

xylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but no. The one your pointing to is just a fake chinese one which probably uses only one of its antennas anyway. The real dual antenna ones are wireless a/b/g/n and those really do give you more range and speed for your buck (assuming your recieving wireless n signal too). I got an "Unofficial Datel Wireless Adapter" from my friend and compared to the old white Microsoft Wireless G adapter it really is way better

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this really the only way you can hook up an XBOX 360 wirelessly? You have to purchase a $30.00 adapter or else always have it attached to an ethernet cord? You would have thought that these adapters would have dropped in price by now.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you have a laptop, you could bridge your wireless and wired card and use internet that way.
Otherwise, yes, it's pretty much the only way.
LAN over power also works.

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased an XBOX 360 for $20.00. I'll pay more for the wireless adapter than I did for the console itself.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this really the only way you can hook up an XBOX 360 wirelessly? You have to purchase a $30.00 adapter or else always have it attached to an ethernet cord? You would have thought that these adapters would have dropped in price by now.

You could always try a thrift store like Goodwill or Savers, I got an official Wireless N adapter for only $5.99 that way.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States

An old model does actually require an adapter. All slim "S" or "E" consoles have basic internal wireless.
The wireless N adapter is an optional upgrade beyond that.

Last edited by Lumstar,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Afaik, you can't fit the Wifi adapters to Slims (seeing they already have wifi internally and it being pointless to hook one up)
They lack the notches like the phatties.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)