xaxa

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to virtualize a wii on a computer simply by dumping a bios, nand, security keys, etc?

I realize that it isn't possible now since the software has to communicate with the hardware, but I'd like to know if it could be possible in the future.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
yes, this is called an emulator, which virtualizes the Wii hardware using software and computer hardware ...try looking for something called Dolphin

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Jacobeian said:
yes, this is called an emulator, which virtualizes the Wii hardware using software and computer hardware ...try looking for something called Dolphin

Yeah dolphin is great, it can play Wii or GC games, launch Wiiware etc and even emulate the system menu (not 4.2 though)

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
cobleman said:
Yeah there is a way on the Wii its called SNEEK its a nand emu and fingers crossed will be out soon

You never read what the OP said, he had already been answered by Jacobeian and then I added some brief details but you have posted something which has nothing to do with what he asked.
wacko.gif

xaxa

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
cobleman said:
Yeah there is a way on the Wii its called SNEEK its a nand emu and fingers crossed will be out soon

You never read what the OP said, he had already been answered by Jacobeian and then I added some brief details but you have posted something which has nothing to do with what he asked.
wacko.gif
Best response so far came from cobleman. Why would anyone think that I meant emulation?

gilaben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xaxa said:
Slimmmmmm said:
cobleman said:

wacko.gif
Best response so far came from cobleman. Why would anyone think that I meant emulation?
Because you posted this in the emulation section.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
xaxa said:
Slimmmmmm said:
cobleman said:

wacko.gif

because SNEEK is not meant to run on a computer but on the Wii itself (it emulates NAND device storage & access using other Wii supported devices like SDCARD) ?
because you cannot "virtualize" the Wii on another system without actually emulating the Wii hardware, plain & simple ?

The best response is not necesseraly the one that you like most
rolleyes.gif

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
vettacossx said:
impossible? well let me put it to you like this...THE ONE GUY WHO CAME CLOSE ON THE WII...NOW LEADS PROJECT NATAL (the 360 motion sensor project) and so yeah....lol

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10254466-56.html

All he did was made some demos for a PC that could be controlled by a wiimote.
Someone else wrote the software that allowed the wiimote to be connected to the PC.

I don't understand your point.

What is it the OP wants to do?

xaxa

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Edhel said:
Because virtualize can also mean emulation to a certain point....
I see now.

For those of you wondering, I want to know if it's possible to play Wii games on my computer using only my own hardware.

Long answers are welcome.

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unless your "computer" has identical hardware to the Wii (eg: processor for one thing!), it must emulate the Wii's. Gee, I wonder how you'd find a computer with identical hardware? That might cost a fortune. Oh...wait.
rolleyes.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
xaxa said:
Edhel said:
Because virtualize can also mean emulation to a certain point....
I see now.

For those of you wondering, I want to know if it's possible to play Wii games on my computer using only my own hardware.

I think we had understood from the beginning, it seems YOU didn't really understood the answers.
wacko.gif

I repeat: look for something called Dolphin, this can make us eof your own Wii NAND dump and let you play Wii games on your computer providing you have decently fast hardware (hint: this is an emulator so don't be afraid)

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xaxa said:
I see now.

I still don't quite understand your question. You will always need some kind of software to play games. Hardware of any kind is pretty useless unless there is some software to tell it what to do.

Emulating the Wii on the other hand should be possible using your own hardware (provided it is powerful enough) and some software (the emulator). It's not going to be perfect just yet.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
ok, I think I got what he is missing: to make it clear, despite the fact it is stored the same way on a DVD, your Wii game is not like a PC game or like a PS3 game or whatever: plain & simple, a Wii game (software) need the Wii hardware to run.

Now that hardware can be either real (it's your Wii or a chinese clone) or emulated (it's an emulator running on another system), there arent any other choices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: