Country
who knows?
smile.gif

i got a bunch from here ($25 AU/ea)
http://www.exeltek.com.au/secure/catalog/p...products_id/800

i can tell you about those if you want
tongue.gif
they're SD-C01G model cards (japan).
if you want to know anything else, i'm happy to do tests on them..

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i once bought a counterfeit memory stick duo card from ebay... in exact same sony packaging etc, even had a hologram and etc, i used it for about 3 days and i got some currupt sectors then after few more days i was only able to use about 300mb of 1gb... got mad so i opened it up, found out it had thin sanded plastic + they sanded off the serial and info on the chip also

after that i never buy anything like media/memory from ebay

hehe non related but i just wanted to say that to somebody

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
Ebay.com.au has put up a warning on their site about the number of fake memory cards going to auction... I'd just avoid ebay for memory completely!

kirra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the seller seems to have a very positive reputation:

Seller: fastmemoryman( 108101Feedback score is 100,000 or higher) Member is a PowerSellerAbout Me
Member: since 28-Jun-03 in United States

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They're from an online dealer, so that'll probably be a better start than eBay. Plus, the eBay feedback doesn't determine whether the goods are fake or not. I bought a 512 sandisk for a friend from an eBay seller (from China). Turns out it was so fake the access time was about 5-7 times my Kingston Japan

DShunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you are so worried why not just buy it off from a retail store? or better yet trustable onilne retailers like newegg seems good. On eBay no matter how positive the feedback the seller has there is always a high chance it is a fake and its impossible to tell just by looking at the pic whatever its the real deal or not until you actually tested it. Just got my TOSHIBA SD-C10G JAPAN a little while ago from my local retail store and it works great on the R4.

Emu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might buy from the AU store and ship to US instead of doing NewEgg because he said they're japanese. I've heard mixed results of NewEgg's cards being both Japanese and from Taiwan?(I think).

Emu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much is the shipping cost?
Australia
The shipping cost is Flat rate AU$9.00 to anywhere in Australia

USA/Canada
Flash Memory Card: AU$26.00

NEEEEEVERMIND, screw that S+H=cry.

zesta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just order from wherever is cheapest. If you get a crappy Taiwan card, just call Kingston, and have them replace it with a proper Japan card. (See my other post)

-Randy

joedodgy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey yes mate, are those real? any problems? i could order from there.

no probs.. i bought 8 from there, all made in japan. they have a shop, so if you're local, you can pick them up and inspect them in person (which is what i did - had to be sure they were the right ones
wink.gif
).

given that out of 8, they were all japanese, i'd say you'd have to be unlucky to get something else.. still doesn't hurt to check
smile.gif

x_fiddle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a warning: fastmemoryman sells fakes. Just google "fastmemoryman fake" and you can find all the evidence you need.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it