Is there some way to make the console "forget" the updates?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Goku Junior, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Goku Junior
    OP

Goku Junior GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Hi, thanks for reading my problem, my Wii U is forever updating, now is in 4.0.3U and I don't want to install that update, but when is connected to internet it updates by itself, there are some way to block updates?

If you want to know why I don't want to update is for the exploits for Wii U. The scene of Wii U is beginning I think.

2. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Try what we in the know call the Joisey technique - slip a couple hundreds in its pocket and yell "Fugetaboutit!"

The_Hulkster likes this.
  3. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    just update it. I highly doubt Nintendo patched an unreleased exploit on 4.0.3 and the IOS59 that was updated can be reinstalled from a wad of the 4.0.2 or older IOS59 wad.

4. Goku Junior
    OP

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Thanks!, so that update affects only IOS 59? mmm... for now I don't need to install the older IOS, tahnkyou very much!

5. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    i wouldn't go that far still has A LONG way to go yet. and any update ninty release won't effect vwii i guarantee it.

6. Goku Junior
    OP

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Ok, so the updates doesn't affect vWii in general, well, I can keep calm, thanks for reply, I think IOS 59 it is unproductive anyway, so I can continue playing Wii games, thanks!

7. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    There is really no reason to not update the Wii U but you can turn off the automatic updates, I have mine off due to my 30gb data cap a month.