Is there no cheat for Mario 64 that...

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by rumblesushi, Jan 27, 2009.

Jan 27, 2009
  1. rumblesushi
    OP

Newcomer rumblesushi Member

United Kingdom
    reverses the run/walk toggle?

It's not in the cheat file I have, I just wondered if it exists at all?

I love Mario 64, and I'm enjoying replaying it, but I just can't get used to the stylus control, and I have no thumb strap.

So that leaves me with the d-pad, which is a bit better than I thought actually, but I'd rather run by default, and then press a button to walk across ledges etc. The way I see it is you're running most of the time really, so it seems illogical to have to press a button to run.

It's annoying that Nintendo games refuse to let the user button map etc.

2. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I thought of this myself and agree with the premise. That's the only thing that pissed me off about the DS remake. I'd have liked to automatically run and instead, have a button to walk instead. A great idea, but there seems to be no cheat to allow this. It could probably be done, but unfortunately I've found a problem with this:

Y isn't only used as a run button, but also a dash button. You can hold it down while standing to charge up a dash. Think about it. If a cheat was made to keep Y held, you'd be running off ledges whenever you pressed a directional button. Maybe a cheat to disable the dash. I never used the dash anyways and it was always a nuisance.

3. rumblesushi
    OP

Newcomer rumblesushi Member

United Kingdom
    Ha, I didn't even know it existed [​IMG]

So yes, a cheat to disable dash and run by default.

I would have thought many people would have thought the same thing actually, and a cheat would exist for sure. I'm surprised.

4. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Maybe Narin can shed some light since he is reading. [​IMG]

The dash was pretty useless IMO. You hold it down and the character runs in place to charge up. Then when you press a direction button, he dashes with a sudden burst of speed. I never used this and since I usually keep Y held down anyways, I've accidentally fallen off ledges because of it before.