Gaming Is there no cheat for Mario 64 that...

rumblesushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
reverses the run/walk toggle?

It's not in the cheat file I have, I just wondered if it exists at all?

I love Mario 64, and I'm enjoying replaying it, but I just can't get used to the stylus control, and I have no thumb strap.

So that leaves me with the d-pad, which is a bit better than I thought actually, but I'd rather run by default, and then press a button to walk across ledges etc. The way I see it is you're running most of the time really, so it seems illogical to have to press a button to run.

It's annoying that Nintendo games refuse to let the user button map etc.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought of this myself and agree with the premise. That's the only thing that pissed me off about the DS remake. I'd have liked to automatically run and instead, have a button to walk instead. A great idea, but there seems to be no cheat to allow this. It could probably be done, but unfortunately I've found a problem with this:

Y isn't only used as a run button, but also a dash button. You can hold it down while standing to charge up a dash. Think about it. If a cheat was made to keep Y held, you'd be running off ledges whenever you pressed a directional button. Maybe a cheat to disable the dash. I never used the dash anyways and it was always a nuisance.

rumblesushi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ha, I didn't even know it existed
smile.gif

So yes, a cheat to disable dash and run by default.

I would have thought many people would have thought the same thing actually, and a cheat would exist for sure. I'm surprised.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe Narin can shed some light since he is reading.
smile.gif

The dash was pretty useless IMO. You hold it down and the character runs in place to charge up. Then when you press a direction button, he dashes with a sudden burst of speed. I never used this and since I usually keep Y held down anyways, I've accidentally fallen off ledges because of it before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...