Hacking Is there anyway to run homebrew AND purchase items from Shop Channel?

nintendough

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got my Wii at 3.2 and used the Zelda hack to get some VC going, but I like to buy games and WiiWare from the Shop channel. Unfortunately, last time I tried it told me that I had to upgrade, which I know is not the best of ideas. I've got a bunch of Wii points on my account AND Tactics Ogre just came out. I'm itching to upgrade but was wondering if there is anyway to get the best of both worlds? I've heard a bit about the homebrew channel but I was wondering if it's possible to install that, upgrade, and continue to install new channels, etc? I honestly haven't done anything custom wise to my Wii since 6mo-10mo back when I last installed a custom (injected) VC...

Sorry for having become such a n00b, but I'd appreciate some informed guidance before I screw myself over and end up in an non-homebrew friendly state...

nintendough

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KiiWii said:
There is a shop channel updater to allow u to use the shop channel.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Shop_and_IOS51_installer
Whoa, that sounds perfect for me. Do I install it using the Twilight Hack or what? I'm quite the n00b when it comes to WiBrew...

Is there any advantage to installing the Homebrew channel (i.e. being able to run brew off SD Card) if I mainly use homebrew for Injected/custom VCs?

nintendough

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KiiWii said:
Yeah if uv used twilight hack, instal homebrew channel (HBC), put those apps on an SD card and run via HBC.
Whoa. And will I be able to use the saves I've got on the Wii associated with those files right now and will the any modifications be needed for the files (i.e. change the icons, etc)?

Also, the shop channel thingy, can I run that thingy by the twilight hack?

[EDIT - There are multiple Wii Shop + IOS51 packs in the link above, is one of the above better? I'd like to keep the Wii Shop channel where it, just have it working with homebrew...]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o