Hacking Is there any way to edit the homemenu itself, not just the theme?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The easiest to modify is the sleep screen (the screen that shows up when you push the power button). You can also easily edit all of the text for the home menu.
http://www.homemenu.co/
That website has a few sleep_LZ.bin files (the sleep screen) already made. There is also a link to a gbatemp tutorial on how to actually get, extract and modify the home menu cia.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
@MarcusD is working on a compete custom HOME menu, but it's still a WIP and will probably be compatible only with A9LH.

If I can manage to re-implement APT, so it works with System Applets, then ye, it should be possible. Also, you only need a CFW that's capable of patching signatures, but it's recommended to have A9LH, so if there's a bug in my home menu, you can just restore a NAND backup.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
the best solution is to create a new one with oficial tools.

I'm using a modified ctrulib, and I'm able to boot a test payload :P I just need to kinda rewrite ctrulib's APT module, because that's kinda incompatible with home menu's stuff.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The problem is, there isn't any other bclyt editor appart from Nintendo's, how is going your home menu to work? Will it break NTR CFW?

Well, my custom home menu is definiely gonna break all stuff, since
1) I'm not using the official SDK, but ctrulib
2) I don't have functions that are in the retail home menu
3) The addresses where the payloads point to contain entirely different instructions than the retail home menu does, so most payloads will end up executing arbitrary code/softlocking/crashing, so ye...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse