Hardware Is there a way to remove the "a software update is required" nag without updating?

samcambolt270

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this. I'm not sure what the right place for it is. Anyway, I installed a game update, but the update actually reduced the resolution and makes the game perform noticeably worse. I deleted the update, deleted my save, reset launch version, deleted the update ticket and then uninstalled and reinstalled it, but I still get the "A software update is required" message. Is there a way to fix this?

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tinfoil can reset it to version 0, but it doesn't seem to work anymore on 10.0.x+ for me anyway, it still asks for the update.

Edit: I see you already reset the version, so AFAIK the answer is it's not possible anymore unless someone proves otherwise.

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried doing it in goldleaf, so maybe tinfoil will work? How do I actually do it with tinfoil to try?

I don't have it in front of me to tell you exactly but you go to installed games choose the game press a I forget what else but find reset version. I've already tried it it did not work, but be my guest. You're doing the same thing on it as Goldleaf they would either both work or neither work they don't work.

Last edited by Jayinem81,

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, are we talking about the same game?

No any game that needs an update. I have tons of games that needs updates and I never had any nags because i kept my Switch offline. Then a few weeks ago I tried one of those apps that lets you connect your PC to your Switch and control with the Switch and to do that I had to connect to the internet, since then all games that need updates gives me the nag before i launch them. I don't install a lot of updates because they take space on the sd card and most of them don't do that much so now I have that nag on almost all my games and can't fix it.

Reactions: laz305

samcambolt270

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No any game that needs an update. I have tons of games that needs updates and I never had any nags because i kept my Switch offline. Then a few weeks ago I tried one of those apps that lets you connect your PC to your Switch and control with the Switch and to do that I had to connect to the internet, since then all games that need updates gives me the nag before i launch them. I don't install a lot of updates because they take space on the sd card and most of them don't do that much so now I have that nag on almost all my games and can't fix it.
There's gotta be a way. There has to be a file somewhere on the device that tells the operating system whether there's an update needed, and somebody somewhere knows how to change it.

Reactions: Chrisssj2

samcambolt270

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently, "reset launch version" not working is a problem with devmenu stuff not working above 10.0, but the goldleaf dev, XorTroll, is trying to fix it in the next update.

samcambolt270

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tons of games that needs updates and I never had any nags because i kept my Switch offline.
I figured out how to fix it. Theres a goldleaf commit(https://github.com/XorTroll/Goldleaf/actions/runs/136417117) that actually works. If you click "goldleaf" under "artifacts" you can get the current dev build (0.9-dev). Clicking "reset launch version" actually works in this one. It won't remove the "there is an update available" nag, but it will allow you to actually launch the games.

Reactions: Kupo603 and Cyan

Riki

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Same here. I cant play pokemon sword cause update block game. First think i remember i update tinfoil then i restart my switch. I dont have solution fix that i also install unsigened code still can fix also happend to luigi mansion 3. I hope somoone can tell the solution

samcambolt270

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here. I cant play pokemon sword cause update block game. First think i remember i update tinfoil then i restart my switch. I dont have solution fix that i also install unsigened code still can fix also happend to luigi mansion 3. I hope somoone can tell the solution
Did you try the solution I mentioned a few posts up?

CidRandell

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I figured out how to fix it. Theres a goldleaf commit that actually works. If you click "goldleaf" under "artifacts" you can get the current dev build (0.9-dev). Clicking "reset launch version" actually works in this one. It won't remove the "there is an update available" nag, but it will allow you to actually launch the games.
can you send me the file? it seems the "goldleaf" under "artifacts" can't be click

Kupo603

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made an account just to say thank you. Ive been looking for the past week on how to get past this

gsxdn

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Are you logged in? You have to actually have an account and be logged in on github for you to be able to download it, I believe. I can still click it just fine.

"The following artifacts have expired and are no longer able to be downloaded."

Can you please provide a download link?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: