1. samcambolt270

OP samcambolt270 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this. I'm not sure what the right place for it is. Anyway, I installed a game update, but the update actually reduced the resolution and makes the game perform noticeably worse. I deleted the update, deleted my save, reset launch version, deleted the update ticket and then uninstalled and reinstalled it, but I still get the "A software update is required" message. Is there a way to fix this?

2. Jayinem81

Jayinem81 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Tinfoil can reset it to version 0, but it doesn't seem to work anymore on 10.0.x+ for me anyway, it still asks for the update.

Edit: I see you already reset the version, so AFAIK the answer is it's not possible anymore unless someone proves otherwise.

3. samcambolt270

United States
    I tried doing it in goldleaf, so maybe tinfoil will work? How do I actually do it with tinfoil to try?

4. Jayinem81

United States
    I don't have it in front of me to tell you exactly but you go to installed games choose the game press a I forget what else but find reset version. I've already tried it it did not work, but be my guest. You're doing the same thing on it as Goldleaf they would either both work or neither work they don't work.

Last edited by Jayinem81, Jun 22, 2020
  5. samcambolt270

United States
    Wait, are we talking about the same game?

6. Jayinem81

United States
    No any game that needs an update. I have tons of games that needs updates and I never had any nags because i kept my Switch offline. Then a few weeks ago I tried one of those apps that lets you connect your PC to your Switch and control with the Switch and to do that I had to connect to the internet, since then all games that need updates gives me the nag before i launch them. I don't install a lot of updates because they take space on the sd card and most of them don't do that much so now I have that nag on almost all my games and can't fix it.

7. samcambolt270

United States
    There's gotta be a way. There has to be a file somewhere on the device that tells the operating system whether there's an update needed, and somebody somewhere knows how to change it.

Chrisssj2 likes this.
  8. JFizDaWiz

JFizDaWiz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    it's not the answer you want but it will fix it, ChoiDujourNX and update to latest firmware

9. Jayinem81

United States
    These are game update nags not firmware updates.

10. samcambolt270

United States
    Apparently, "reset launch version" not working is a problem with devmenu stuff not working above 10.0, but the goldleaf dev, XorTroll, is trying to fix it in the next update.

11. samcambolt270

United States
    I figured out how to fix it. Theres a goldleaf commit(https://github.com/XorTroll/Goldleaf/actions/runs/136417117) that actually works. If you click "goldleaf" under "artifacts" you can get the current dev build (0.9-dev). Clicking "reset launch version" actually works in this one. It won't remove the "there is an update available" nag, but it will allow you to actually launch the games.

Cyan likes this.
  12. Jayinem81

United States
    Oh i can launch the games just want to get rid of the update nag.

13. samcambolt270

United States
    Oh. I wasn't aware. The problem I had was that the game literally wouldn't launch at all without updating.

14. Riki

Riki Newbie
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Same here. I cant play pokemon sword cause update block game. First think i remember i update tinfoil then i restart my switch. I dont have solution fix that i also install unsigened code still can fix also happend to luigi mansion 3. I hope somoone can tell the solution

15. samcambolt270

United States
    Did you try the solution I mentioned a few posts up?

16. CidRandell

CidRandell Newbie
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    can you send me the file? it seems the "goldleaf" under "artifacts" can't be click

17. samcambolt270

United States
    Are you logged in? You have to actually have an account and be logged in on github for you to be able to download it, I believe. I can still click it just fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - software, required, updating