Hacking Question is there a way to remove the 30 secs cap on DVR?

Gvm87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
as title says, is there a way to remove the 30 secs cap on DVR and make it 1, 10 , 30minutes to 1 hour? maybe?

is it even possible?

Reactions: Henrisan

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess the auto DVR constantly encodes to an allocated section of ram. - increasing this would not probably not be feasable (I would doubt that it uses emmc for this purpose as it would cause wearout with the constant writing). Increasing limit would be possible if reducing bitrate or size with a modification perhaps

Reactions: Shadowfied

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I guess it would be possible to make it record straight to SD card but it would be a lot of work to make that happen

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess it would be possible to make it record straight to SD card but it would be a lot of work to make that happen

As far as i can tell, this DVR functionality is constantly on during gaming? If so, it would cause wear out on SD card and slow down the game quite a lot in particular during loading where there would be constant writing to the SD card as well as game level loading. Doing it in a rolling buffer in ram via hardware encode is probably the reason why 30 seconds is the default (8mbs - around 1mb per second encode) would require 32mb of ram space

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
As far as i can tell, this DVR functionality is constantly on during gaming? If so, it would cause wear out on SD card and slow down the game quite a lot in particular during loading where there would be constant writing to the SD card as well as game level loading. Doing it in a rolling buffer in ram via hardware encode is probably the reason why 30 seconds is the default (8mbs - around 1mb per second encode) would require 32mb of ram space
Yes, but I meant that that it would need to be turned on every time you wanted to record something rather than always recording to sd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-yuzu-emulator-github-piracy-zelda-1851452740