Is it normal that a usb game install goes at .5mb/sec? Do I risk corruption? And will blocking N allow me to go online without update nags?

L33t_Switch_User

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So title pretty much explains everything. I installed circuit superstars that was downloaded from a russian torrent site, and it would install at .5mb/sec, ocassionaly went up to 1 and 2mb/sec but only very briefly. When games install slowly, could that be a sign that the game i downloaded was bad in some way? games play fine. And its a brand new SD card. Currently have over 700GB of installed games, so I don't think it's a fake card.

I also just used tegraexplorer to wipe my sysnand to see if I was banned, and sure enough I was. Currently I have the DNS ip addresses setup, I use hosts file, and incognito mode is turned on through exosphere. If I let the switch connect to the internet, is there a chance I will get nagged to install the newest firmware? or get nagged about installing game updates? Thanks in advance GBATemp!

L33t_Switch_User

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I get similar results with an official usb 3 s10 lite cable. and i just looked in system_settings.ini inside of Atmosphere/config and don't see anything related to usb (also tried searching .ini for word usb). running latest version of atmosphere which supposedly has it turned on by default. however dbi always says usb 2.0 speed... I have had success installing games at up to 20 something mb/sec in the past. i just hope my sdcard isn't corrupted again. And I am using Mac OS and Android File Transfer tool, to install games using DBI. so no drivers

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So I get similar results with an official usb 3 s10 lite cable. and i just looked in system_settings.ini inside of Atmosphere/config and don't see anything related to usb (also tried searching .ini for word usb). running latest version of atmosphere which supposedly has it turned on by default. however dbi always says usb 2.0 speed... I have had success installing games at up to 20 something mb/sec in the past. i just hope my sdcard isn't corrupted again. And I am using Mac OS and Android File Transfer tool, to install games using DBI. so no drivers

On the file
SD:/atmosphere/config/system_settings.ini
you should put the value u8!0x1 at the value usb30_force_enabled do not forget to remove the comment ";" at start of line.

that enable Homebrew to use USB 3.0

1693264752663.png

Reactions: JeepX87

L33t_Switch_User

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i just confirmed that i don't have a single usb 3 cable.... STILL tho. It should be able to copy at 20mb/sec like it always used to. my gut tells me that copying at .5mb/sec is not a cable issue, if this same cable was able to install a game at normalish speeds. i'll probably buy a new usb 3 cable just for the sake of having one. i'm just worried about corruption right now. when it gets slow i figure its copying a bunch of tiny files, is that even possible when working with a single nsz/nsp?

lipanz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
yes.. .5mbps is crap.. NSP or NSZ ? NSZ takes time to decompress but shouldnt be .5mbps.. usually DBI will returns error in the end when installing at that speed. I have same issue but solved by changing the sdcard. the old one might already has too many write rewrite in it.

L33t_Switch_User

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was an NSZ, but red dead redemption installed really slow also, sometimes dipping into the 1mb-5mb/sec and going up to 15mb/sec. the fact that other people don't get install speeds like these leads me to think something isn't right. i wish there was a reliable way to see if the sdcard is corrupted, and how bad....

L33t_Switch_User

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I leave switch online but I have 90dns, incognito, and hosts file setup, is there a chance I will start getting nagged to update firmware or update installed games?
Post automatically merged:

So if I leave switch online but I have 90dns, incognito, and hosts file setup, is there a chance I will start getting nagged to update firmware or update installed games?

perfect time iam swapping samsung pro a2 sd becouse it is slower(after getting corupted once) than cheap kingstone a1 :D and i have 400gb games to install thx :D
If you slow format an sdcard (aka full format) it's supposed to resolve that issue, of being slow after becoming corrupted

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

If you slow format an sdcard (aka full format) it's supposed to resolve that issue, of being slow after becoming corrupted
thx but i just stay on Kingstone and will return this mighty Samsung pro (it was probably my sd card reader fault too but i can't trust this card anymore and it is drawing 3 times the power with the same speeds in the switch despites it being a2 vs a1)

i have 90dns and exosphare plus host as it is in atmo and never get any update notification

L33t_Switch_User

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx but i just stay on Kingstone and will return this mighty Samsung pro (it was probably my sd card reader fault too but i can't trust this card anymore and it is drawing 3 times the power with the same speeds in the switch despites it being a2 vs a1)

i have 90dns and exosphare plus host as it is in atmo and never get any update notification
that's fucking cool. might just turn off airplane mode then

L33t_Switch_User

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but we are talking about emu ofc :P?
my switch is banned so i don't think it makes much of a difference at this point. just don't want to get nagged for fucking updates every time a game is launched. lol

so i took the sdcard out of the switch and put it in my pc so i could copy psx games to it. goes as fast as 70/80mb/sec then drops down to as low as 500k/sec... it's got to be corrupted as fuck right now, and this is a persistent issue i can't resolve. made the mistake of downloading all my games from a free shop to the switch while the sdcard was already corrupted, and when installing these nsp's that are backed up to the computer it gets corrupted again. when it gets a little more finalized i will make an image using ImageUSB, that way i can restore back to the sdcard, even if it gets everything corrupted again. at least the corruption shouldn't leak out into the rest of my HDD which stores all my important pc files. And thank you Impeeza for all your help and advice! I don't think much can be realisticly done about sdcard corruption at this point.. already full formatted the sdcard with fat32 and set it all up again from scratch. file transfer speeds from computer were fast and normal, till i installed 700gb worth of nsps.. oh well

Last edited by L33t_Switch_User,
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto