Oled mod gone wrong (cpu cap and pad missing)

Kriskrass

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So a customer send this to me saying a cap near the cpu missing when he tried to mod his oled switch he also broke one of the pads (see picture) He said the switch did not turn on anymore after this.

After investigating i found that the fpc connector was broken which caused a black screen. After the fpc connector was replaced the switch boots normally again even with the missing cpu cap.

He wants me to mod the switch now but im kinds worried about the missing cap. Is there a way to fix this pad so i can replace the cap? Or can i just install the mod without using the cap?

Any help about this would be very much appreciated
IMG_7771.jpeg

Last edited by Kriskrass,

superfiege

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I dont know if there are any problems with the missing cap but you could try to install a single-mosfet intallation on sp1 or try a alternate backside mosfet isntallation (see picofly guide).

Kriskrass

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you for getting back to me. I’ve checked into this, but it feels quite complex. I’ve noticed some discussions about the regular Switch missing the same cap, and those users mentioned it worked fine. I’m curious if the OLED model has any differences in this regard.

superfiege

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thank you for getting back to me. I’ve checked into this, but it feels quite complex. I’ve noticed some discussions about the regular Switch missing the same cap, and those users mentioned it worked fine. I’m curious if the OLED model has any differences in this regard.
Backside install is very easy.
Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-10 um 11.51.00.png

bvang913

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't think I've seen any videos online with the back install. But it's pretty easy. The cap is much larger than the ones on the APU. Some people solder straight from the mosfet to the cap. Some use wires, which is what I've done in the past whenever I chose to do that back installation. Here's an example.

Attachments

• Snapshot000008.jpg
    Snapshot000008.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo