ROM Hack Is there a way to give out free 3DS games to unhacked consoles using System Transfer?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,217
  • Replies 14
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

OP
I have a hacked 3DS with a legitimately purchased digital game. If I made a backup of my Nintendo 3DS folder and made a SysNAND backup, could I use System Transfer to give someone my game and then restore it? And if I could do it at all, could I do it multiple times?

D

Deleted User

OP
You can't just transfer pirated games to another console, the games won't work.

But I'm pretty sure any 3DS can be hacked, so you can just hack the other consoles and put what you want on them. So you can end up with the same thing just not the way you want to do it.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a hacked 3DS with a legitimately purchased digital game. If I made a backup of my Nintendo 3DS folder and made a SysNAND backup, could I use System Transfer to give someone my game and then restore it? And if I could do it at all, could I do it multiple times?
  • The legit game(s) will transfer to the unhacked console.
  • You can restore the NAND of the hacked console (and restore access to the game(s) in question).
  • You'd better never connect the hacked console to the internet again after doing so.
Either way, you can't do that multiple times if you were to connect it to the internet anyway, since Nintendo's servers keep track of which console "owns" games and a NNID. Having a legit ticket (after restore) is not sufficient for making a game eligible for transfer. Full server side check.

Again: Don't do such a thing as connecting a 3DS after System Transfer
(which transfers movable.sed to the target system) followed by NAND restore.

absolutely no reason why not. go develop it and make it a reality
I don't get this.

Reactions: Deleted User

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
could I use System Transfer to give someone my game
Aside from being piracy, that would completely wipe all the content on the target system. It would also copy over the NNID, which would cause big problems if you tried to sign in with that system and with the original system after restoring the NAND.

If you wanted to illegally copy a game, there are easier ways to do it.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
  • The legit game(s) will transfer to the unhacked console.
  • You can restore the NAND of the hacked console (and restore access to the game(s) in question).
  • You'd better never connect the hacked console to the internet again after doing so.
Either way, you can't do that multiple times if you were to connect it to the internet anyway, since Nintendo's servers keep track of which console "owns" games and a NNID. Having a legit ticket (after restore) is not sufficient for making a game eligible for transfer. Full server side check.

Again: Don't do such a thing as connecting a 3DS after System Transfer
(which transfers movable.sed to the target system) followed by NAND restore.
What if I were to perform a NAND dump on the target console and extract its console specific files and its data folder and use them on the first console to impersonate the target console? Could I then repeat the transfer to a third console, since I would pass the server-side checks?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Aside from being piracy, that would completely wipe all the content on the target system. It would also copy over the NNID, which would cause big problems if you tried to sign in with that system and with the original system after restoring the NAND.

If you wanted to illegally copy a game, there are easier ways to do it.
I know that this would be completely impractical and way too complicated, I'm just wondering if it could theoretically be done.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You can system transfer legit CIAs but you can only transfer *one* per transfer IIRC.

Naendow

Brick-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But there wouldn't be a reason to do so. Legit CIAs can be installed and used without custom firmware.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can system transfer legit CIAs but you can only transfer *one* per transfer IIRC.
Did an "emergency" (failing console) transfer for a friend last week:
  • Two personalized legit tickets (eShop purchased)
  • Mario Kart 7. CIA with universal legit ticket installed with FBI
→ Purchased titles transferred (with NNID and some money), Mario Kart 7 not – there must have been a server side check when performing the transfer; it did not give the target console a valid Mario Kart ticket.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What if I were to perform a NAND dump on the target console and extract its console specific files and its data folder and use them on the first console to impersonate the target console? Could I then repeat the transfer to a third console, since I would pass the server-side checks?
Perhaps someone can elaborate on the precise technical details, but there is some console-specific data that can't be transferred. Restoring a full NAND backup to a console different from the one used to create the NAND backup will brick the system.

D

Deleted User

OP
Perhaps someone can elaborate on the precise technical details, but there is some console-specific data that can't be transferred. Restoring a full NAND backup to a console different from the one used to create the NAND backup will brick the system.
I was referring to LocalFriendCodeSeed and SecureInfo.

Hey Mods, please lock this thread, as it is growing stale.

Last edited by ,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was referring to LocalFriendCodeSeed and SecureInfo.

Hey Mods, please lock this thread, as it is growing stale.
If you want the mods attention instead of them just passing by. You can report the OP post and provide a reason for what you want done with it.

Reactions: peteruk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1