Homebrew Is there a way to get TCPGecko working with Loadiine gx2?

Jello-dorf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys so I've got Xenoblade Chronicles X all set up and working fine on Loadiine. I played through the game plenty of times now and I wanna try using XCXGecko (I used it when I had the disc version before my dog somehow got ahold of the disc), a program that relies on TCPGecko to really have some fun messing with the game. I can't seem to figure out how to get TCPGecko to work with Loadiine games. Is there some kind of particular set up? I have Homebre Launcher and everything already setup, I'm just not sure how to go about getting TCPgecko set up with Loadiine, and I'm not too familiar with Wii U modding. I'm on version 5.5.3. ANy help would be greatly appreciated, even if I have to backtrack and find a way to revert to an older system version. Thanks in advance!

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am pretty sure it's not possible. You can't even play Wii U games online with Loadiine and TCPGecko requires being connected from your PC to Wii U I think. I believe for that you need to install your game through Brazillian method which is better anyway because you can play the game directly off your Wii U menu and it will be at full speed. Sometimes Loadiine games aren't full speed and require lots of loading. The only thing you need that I'm guessing you don't have because you're trying to use Loadiine is an external hard drive, but they're not that expensive.

Loadiine was cool at first because it was the only hacking method there was once. But once the Brazilian method happened, there's really no reason to use Loadiine. It is in your best interest to start installing your games to an external hard drive.

Here is a guide if you choose to do so https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/

Last edited by Jayinem81,

Jello-dorf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am pretty sure it's not possible. You can't even play Wii U games online with Loadiine and TCPGecko requires being connected from your PC to Wii U I think. I believe for that you need to install your game through Brazillian method which is better anyway because you can play the game directly off your Wii U menu and it will be at full speed. Sometimes Loadiine games aren't full speed and require lots of loading. The only thing you need that I'm guessing you don't have because you're trying to use Loadiine is an external hard drive, but they're not that expensive.

Loadiine was cool at first because it was the only hacking method there was once. But once the Brazilian method happened, there's really no reason to use Loadiine. It is in your best interest to start installing your games to an external hard drive.

Hmm I figured that might be the case. I never heard of the Brazilian method, so I'll look into that. Thanks for the tip.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spend a few dollars and buy a DS game to be used for the exploit for haxchi, if you are brave enough go for Cold Boot Haxchi, XCXGecko require you to connect your Wii U to your PC in order to edit Xenoblade X memory via XCXGecko

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I figured that might be the case. I never heard of the Brazilian method, so I'll look into that. Thanks for the tip.

Basically just the name of it because someone from Brazil came up with it. All it means is just you can install your games to the Wii U menu and play off an external hard drive. It's actually easier to setup than Loadiine even.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Aight, see you in a bit if you're here.