Hacking Is there a way to get save files without GW?

CrystalForce

I'm gonna "fix" that spaghetti.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS is on 9.5 Sysnand, and I have a Sky3DS only. Does the R4i Save Dongle allow for importing of other people saves, or only your own? If not, is there another way I can import others' saves?

Max128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Of course the r4i save dongle work for any save on 3DS my friend have it. Your own save or not is working.

bane1.jpg

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
power save doesnt work.
All the games it cant detect and just flips out. I gotten pokemon to come up but once it about to write to the sky3ds it starts to flip out and not work.

I dont know about the r4i save donge tho. I thought about buying one since there cheap but no one has seem to have try it yet

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
power save doesnt work.
All the games it cant detect and just flips out. I gotten pokemon to come up but once it about to write to the sky3ds it starts to flip out and not work.

I dont know about the r4i save donge tho. I thought about buying one since there cheap but no one has seem to have try it yet

Strange, I heard people from this forum saying that it work fine with Sky3DS... Even cheat codes

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange, I heard people from this forum saying that it work fine with Sky3DS... Even cheat codes
I havent gotten it to work.
the power save software just keeps saying no cart or it will flip back and fore from loading to no cart.

Pokemon x was the only game i was able to get to even load. But as said when i sent to write to the sky3ds it started to flip out.

I even tried kriby a few mins ago and it doesnt read it.

So either they know something i dont or they lie about it.

I do remember someone saying that pokemon, new leaf and like 2 more games might work with it tho.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Powersaves. It sucks. You cant get save files from it. When you hit the "Backup" button, it'll give you a .bin file, but it's not possible to edit it and then reinject it.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Powersaves. It sucks. You cant get save files from it. When you hit the "Backup" button, it'll give you a .bin file, but it's not possible to edit it and then reinject it.

Yea, the power save works good for retail cart games. I had plan to buy a r4i save dongle but dont wanna spend extra money on something that wont work for what i need it for. I thought the power save would let me transfer from retail to sky3ds but that didnt work.
Id hate to spend $20 on an r4i if it will be the same thing and not work.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Of course the r4i save dongle work for any save on 3DS my friend have it. Your own save or not is working.

bane1.jpg
Unless you're using a really old game from back when the save encryption was easily crackable, importing other people's saves won't work.
Plus, R4i SaveDongle won't work for Card2 games like Pokemon and Animal Crossing at all.

CrystalForce

I'm gonna "fix" that spaghetti.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you're using a really old game from back when the save encryption was easily crackable, importing other people's saves won't work.
Plus, R4i SaveDongle won't work for Card2 games like Pokemon and Animal Crossing at all.

....would Project X Zone work? That's all I want a save for really.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
if both sky3DS users are using the default template, sky3ds users should be able to exchange saves between each other, but no sort of save editing or stuff like that

Max128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Is not a big deal for me, it's only for zelda ocarina (gateway) and is work.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, Pokemon OR/AS/X/Y can be used on the Sky3DS with Powersaves. You can max out $$$$ etc. The save function... not so much. The savedata is on the 3DS SD card and if you try to restore, transfer or edit it via ANYTHING (DiskWriter or PS) it will read as corrupted.

Everything else, you need original private headers or an exact copy of original cart ROM dump.

Even modifying the game to EEPROM-NO doesn't work.

If you use private headers, be warned: IT NOW THINKS IT IS THE ORIGINAL CART and if you mess up the savedata, you will lose your 3DS SD savedata.

So... yeah. No. With a side of maybe. But a giant "at your own risk" cherry on top.

The good news is that Diskwriter's EEPROM-YES savedata backup DOES work. Just not with PS. Make sure that you cycle past the game you want to backup so it will write the savedata to the Sky3DS SD. Then open up in Diskwriter and backup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up