Hacking Is there a way for the wii u to be on custom firm ware as soon as you turn on the wii u?

WaterManny1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind going to homebrew each time to go to mocha, but it takes a while. Is there a way to boot up CFW mocha as soon as i turn to wii u on?
Also are there any drawbacks to custom firmware?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
CBHC is not dangerous if you know what you are doing.

This exploit is slightly more dangerous than standard Haxchi because your DS Virtual Console game exploit is the only way to boot the system. If this game is ever deleted or moved to USB storage while CBHC is installed, you will BRICK!

How many "I accidentially deleted...." Threads we have each single Day.....? :)

Reactions: pLaYeR^^ and IC_

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
There's CBHC but it's very dangerous
Erm...cbhc is not dangerous in any way as long as you follow the "rules".

I don't mind going to homebrew each time to go to mocha, but it takes a while. Is there a way to boot up CFW mocha as soon as i turn to wii u on?
Read the stickied thread in this forum.

How many "I accidentially deleted...." Threads we have each single Day.....? :)
And what is the reason why this happens? Correct, because people are just too lazy to read guides (which are well described). In other words, just skip the steps or watch completely dull videos (which you shouldn't do if possible) without actually knowing what the guy in the video is doing because the steps behind the installation process are not described.

Last edited by BaamAlex,

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's CBHC but it's very dangerous
If you have haxchi you can just use the quick start menu on the wii u gamepad to open the haxchi title on boot

can you explain more about this? this is the first time I hear that

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

did you mean Haxchii icon in the home screen??

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

did you mean Haxchii icon in the home screen??

quick boot will appear as the system boots up. it's been a long time, since I've messed with, but I'm thinking it has some weird led light glitches if left on while booting cbhc, so I turned it off.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
There are technically two versions of haxchi. The normal one called "haxchi", which must be started manually. And cbhc. ColdBoot HaxChi. This installer installs a customized Haxchi and modifies the /vol/storage_slc/config/system.xml, which among other things specifies which title should be booted when the OS starts. This is quickly determined on the DS title, in which Haxchi is installed.

Long story short: Sigpatches can be activated immediately after starting the console without having to start Haxchi.

Reactions: Alexander1970

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, the only thing to look out for now (with cbhc) is formatting. I don't think you can move or delete the game ("do not touch") anymore.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nothing is dangerous at all in this whole world as long as you know and follow each rule to a t all the time.
"Danger" defined as that just doesn't exist.

But then there is risk, and there are humans, and human error, and anything that requires more knowledge and pushes more considerations and decisions into the human in a way that it might be possible to forget doing something right is more error prone, more error prone means more risk, something risky is IMHO dangerous.
That is what I would define as "danger".

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Also are there any drawbacks to custom firmware?
You can use CBHC. However I would not use Mocha with it. CBHC has a built in custom firmware that is just fine and most importantly, has some safety measures in place to prevent you from deleting the CBHC title or moving it to USB (which will brick your console), so that the only ways to delete it is to delete the account it's installed on, or factory reset the console. As long as you don't do any of those things it's perfectly safe.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reading the first post, the topic creator might be asking if there's a way to autoboot mocha. CBHC does autoboot, but only haxchi, not mocha. If topic creator doesn't want to spend money to buy a DS game on the Nintendo's e-Shop, and prefer the free mocha solution, he doesn't have a way to autoboot the sigpatches.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah. And that's all you need (when you already use/have haxchi). Mocha is obsolete then.
Of course! I couldn't agree more. Mocha is just a second-rate way of running CFW. Haxchi (or CBHC) is the best option. But not everyone wants, or can, buy the required DS game on the eShop. That's why some people still use Mocha. I don't have much empathy for those who are too cheap to spend the required $7, but it's certainly different for those who can't buy the DS game, for whatever reason... living in a country with no access to eShop, for example. There must be ways around it, though. Maybe using a VPN?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2