Homebrew Is there a tool for renaming of dumped Wii ISOS?

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a USB loader to rip all of my disks to a harddrive, then used Wi Back Manager to extract them into .wbfs files on my PC.

Problem is, they all ended up with filenames like ROH123.wbfs or whatever. Any attempts to Google for a renaming tool only brought me tools that would rename the internal game name within the ISO itself.

I don't want to do that, I just want to rename the actual filenames on what the games actually are, not change their internal game title.

Are there any tools that do this?

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Actually WiiBackupManager does this already. :)
Open up settings, select the Titles tab and enable "Use GameTDB titles.txt", "Use GameTDB titles for file and folder names", "Auto rename drive transfers", "Auto rename WBFS file transfers"... Leave the rest unenabled. Don't forget to update your titles.txt and click on the "Download titles.txt" button before transferring your files.
After that you can load all your games, select them all, click on "Transfer" and select "WBFS File...". This will just copy all your games as WBFS files with the correct names.

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Is the updating of the titles a built-in feature or so I have to manually get that file?

Also, is there any way I can rename the files that I already transferred to my PC without redoing the transfer from the WBFS drive again?

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks. Is the updating of the titles a built-in feature or so I have to manually get that file?

Also, is there any way I can rename the files that I already transferred to my PC without redoing the transfer from the WBFS drive again?

As far as I know there is no Auto-updating the titles.txt. I always do it manually.
For the renaming, click in WiiBackupManager on "Drive 1" tab, select "Custom folder.." for your source of WBFS files. It will load in all your games. After that click on "Tools" at the very right side where you selected "Custom folder..", not the "Tools" menu above. A pulldown menu will show up. Select "Game titles" and "Rename All". This will rename all your WBFS files to the approperiate names. ;)

Reactions: Cyber Akuma

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, oh