Hacking Is there a step by step into how to install emulator wad/channel forwa

k4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to download "Emuforwarder channel" and "Forwarder Generic v021", but I do not know how to use these files ( wad and dol/elf ) in order to get forwarders for snes9x, vbagx, and fceux.
I tried checking some youtube videos but didnt have any luck. Somebody cares to explain the process step by step?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is probably answered elsewhere, but to sum it up:

Wad files are installed using a WAD Manager.
Put the Wad file in a folder called "wad" on the root of your SD card.
Grab any of Waninkoko's WAD Managers and run from the Homebrew Channel.
Select the Wad to install and install it. It will make a System Menu channel which forwards to the application on your SD card.

If you have a forwarder .DOL/ELF file, it is designed to be packed into a wad using WADder (www.wadder.net). Read the WADder wiki about how to do so. Generally it is much easier to find a wad that someone else has made for the application you want.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Softmod your wii to where you can get Wadmanager to work. If you haven't done this, or don't know how, then you'll need to research around these forums for a while.

If Wadmanager works, then check out these great forwarder channels made by TroyTheZombie. You can install these with Wadmanager, and there are forwarders for almost every emulator.

k4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsfanatic5 said:
Softmod your wii to where you can get Wadmanager to work. If you haven't done this, or don't know how, then you'll need to research around these forums for a while.

If Wadmanager works, then check out these great forwarder channels made by TroyTheZombie. You can install these with Wadmanager, and there are forwarders for almost every emulator.

This was EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thx!!! ^__~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)