Is there a safe way to un-softmod a wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by RocketBlender, Nov 14, 2009.

Nov 14, 2009
  1. RocketBlender
    OP

Newcomer RocketBlender Newbie

United States
    I'll spare you guys all the details as to why I feel the need to un-mod my console, just that I do. From what I understand, reformating or downloading a nintendo update will just brick it. Is there some safe way to unmodulated everything?

If it helps to know, I'm on boormii v.29, which I installed using bannerbomb, following all the guidelines for doing so from here.

2. pigii

Newcomer pigii Member

United Kingdom
    im not sure why you want to, but i wont ask as you obviously dont want to say, to make the wii like new use comex's nand formatter

3. dai-a

Member dai-a GBAtemp Fan

United States
    wtf is boormiiv29?

And no, formatting and updating will not brick it. It only deletes cIOS and modified IOS's

4. RocketBlender
    OP

United States
    Sorry, that's supposed to say bootmii. Anyway, a normal firmware update from nintendo should un-mod the whole thing without bricking it?

The long version of the story invokes moving in with people who have much higher moral standards than myself.

5. cwstjdenobs

Member cwstjdenobs Sodomy non sapiens

United Kingdom
    I'd leave the totally homebrew stuff on there then, mplayer is worth having the HBC on there alone, just get rid of any loader channels, preloader set up to boot to a USB loader?, and the loader apps from the SD. You don't undo everything you've done and there will be nothing to show it's modded. Well unless they nosey around your console in a bad way. But with such highly developed moral standards they should respect your privacy.

You'll still have to stop playing the "backups" you have, but don't lose all the legitimate advantages to having a softmodded wii.

6. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    To clearify: There is no BootMii v.29, there is Preloader v.29, but BootMii ends at v1.1 respectively beta4.

7. RocketBlender
    OP

United States
    You're right. It was preloader I was thinking of. Not sure where I got bootmii from.