Hacking Is there a safe way to un-softmod a wii?

RocketBlender

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll spare you guys all the details as to why I feel the need to un-mod my console, just that I do. From what I understand, reformating or downloading a nintendo update will just brick it. Is there some safe way to unmodulated everything?

If it helps to know, I'm on boormii v.29, which I installed using bannerbomb, following all the guidelines for doing so from here.

pigii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im not sure why you want to, but i wont ask as you obviously dont want to say, to make the wii like new use comex's nand formatter

RocketBlender

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, that's supposed to say bootmii. Anyway, a normal firmware update from nintendo should un-mod the whole thing without bricking it?

The long version of the story invokes moving in with people who have much higher moral standards than myself.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd leave the totally homebrew stuff on there then, mplayer is worth having the HBC on there alone, just get rid of any loader channels, preloader set up to boot to a USB loader?, and the loader apps from the SD. You don't undo everything you've done and there will be nothing to show it's modded. Well unless they nosey around your console in a bad way. But with such highly developed moral standards they should respect your privacy.

You'll still have to stop playing the "backups" you have, but don't lose all the legitimate advantages to having a softmodded wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1