Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually, the Vita is the next TG-16 especially when it comes to games, the WiiU has few games anywhere and almost no third party support, the Vita has games but almost all of them are in Japan (same with the TG-16/PCE). Both my Duo and Vita share the distinction of systems being utilized for mostly imports, I don't own a single Western game on either system to date and I don't recall ever owning any on my Duo as a child either unlike the 3DS in which I have some (since I have a US 2DS).

Reactions: matpower

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Actually, the Vita is the next TG-16 especially when it comes to games, the WiiU has few games anywhere and almost no third party support, the Vita has games but almost all of them are in Japan (same with the TG-16/PCE). Both my Duo and Vita share the distinction of systems being utilized for mostly imports, I don't own a single Western game on either system to date and I don't recall ever owning any on my Duo as a child either unlike the 3DS in which I have some (since I have a US 2DS).
All things considered, the TG-16 was still the runt of the litter that generation which was released a bit late and used technology which belonged to the previous generation (although it did use it extraordinarily well). The PSVita on the other hand steamrolled over most portab;e hardware at the time of its release, rivaling mid-to-high-end tablets. Library-wise you are correct though - not a whole lot of western-oriented software on the system, which is a shame.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Does TurboGrafx16 have a cult following? No one really talks about it, it's more about NES, SNES, NGC or rare/expensive games for the Sega consoles (Saturn, Dreamcast).

Wii U will turn into a cult console but that's due to how poorly Nintendo handled it.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does TurboGrafx16 have a cult following? No one really talks about it, it's more about NES, SNES, NGC or rare/expensive games for the Sega consoles (Saturn, Dreamcast).

Wii U will turn into a cult console but that's due to how poorly Nintendo handled it.
I have seen a lot of love for the TG16 in most retrogaming communities, since it got some exclusive titles and a lot of nice shooters.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I think it's invalid to draw the conclusion.

1st is the easiest: since you can rank every console by their horsepower (compared to the competition in that generation), by the very definition there will always be a weakest console. However, that in itself isn't saying anything of popularity or sales.

3rd: can't argue much about this one. But draw a sales charts and there'll always be one in third place (assuming you're graphing more than 2, obviously).

The similarities are true, but so broad that it's hard to draw anything from it. You can as well include things like "4th - they are both connected to the television" or "5th - they both have some good games and some not so good". It isn't that it's wrong, but it's true for the majority of the consoles on the market.

Umm except points 1 and 3 there are clearly not true from the majority of the consoles on the market...

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You are saying that the similarities the OP listed are so broad that they could be applied to any console...

but "it's the weakest of its generation" and "it's the worst selling console of its generation" (clearly) can't be applied to any console...

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Regardless of what becomes of it -- It'll certainly be another of Nintendo's cult consoles which people in years will want to own and its games, so this time around I've gotten them early.

Still haven't bought Wind Waker HD but there's no hurry anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-