• Total voters

huma_dawii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

Loadiine actually works over USB. You just have to use that custom Mocha with FAT32 support. I have Haxchi that boots Mocha, and after that Loadiine use games from external HDD (Retroarch is using the same HDD, as well as vWii)

Best regards,
Davor
Do they work any faster? Because loadiine is slow as hell

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ppsspp? There's a WiiU port coming? :huh:

Check out the Wii U RetroArch thread, several game are reportedly working at a fairly decent speed :P Still WIP, but making steady progress.

What if we shake things up a little? Maybe a team can get together, Develop:

-N64 emulator,
-PSX emulator (port it or something),
-Permanent CFW (ala 3DS),
-Wii U Media Center

And I am responsible for rewarding this team, maybe a $1,000 for that job? (I'm not a money maker machine, but I think these developers need some kind of incentive lol).

Dynarec is absolutely required for PSX and N64, and is in development as we speak. It's very difficult to code and is slowly making its way, give it time.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: ploggy and VinsCool

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U was interesting. It was the homebrew machine nobody wanted to homebrew. The Wii U was the console made for homebrew, actually! We could literally do whatever we wanted with that console (well, whatever the CPU and GPU could handle). I would say the Wii U had a lot more homebrew potential, but that's not to take away from the great feats created for the system nobody had. Which is my point. Nobody had bought the system,which means no one had a console to play, which means nobody had a console to experiment with, which means no one had a console to homebrew, which means the few devs which owned a Wii U would essentially create great homebrew for a great console which nobody had. Back to my earlier point though, even after all the obstacles stated above, hb devs created an online app store (HBAS), several emulators (RetroArch, etc.), a Wii U "piracy player" (Loadiine), a game installer (WUP Installer), a network-based software modder (TCPGecko, Caffiine), an alternate NAND to play around with (redNAND), and even more, all with pretty graphics to go along with it. I'd say the Wii U scene was pretty successful, but I think we all regret that the Wii U didn't reach its maximum potential.

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been dead for a long time, and when it wasn't all we ever got was stuff to improve retail games/injections - there was never any homebrew that was genuinely good not for the benefit of official games on the system but this is mostly due to late exploits and Wii mode being OP really.

Reactions: alonzondavis
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
woah, when did I step into a time machine? Feels like 2016 again! Even asking for USB support under Loadiine, this is great guys :lol:

If it were still 2016, this is where I'd write some big post, usually while angry or upset, explaining why you just aren't paying attention and threads like these are part of the problem and yada yada yada. Instead, I'm just gonna try to collate every time I've done this. Hopefully that goes some distance to showing you just how long this rhetoric ("scene is dead" "devs aren't interested" "no progress") has been around, how frequently it comes up, and how little difference it makes.
Has anyone actually considered *not* whining and just working with what we have (instead of what may or may not even exist?)
I've just ran some tests which seem to suggest that the "unusable" userspace exploit might have s to run.been offering up around 400MB of usable RAM this whole time. I'm sure somebody here can redirect the energy they've spent making angry posts here into putting that number to good use. Let's just stop arguing and start developing: then if the kexploit/IOSU comes out, we can celebrate, and if it doesn't, we'll still have some cool programs to run.
Sorry about getting angry, it just all seems a bit unreasonable to me.
(rambly technical explanation of the RAM thing is here)
Can't believe I actually did the "if you don't like it, how about YOU do a better job!" thing at one point.
NPh9NQ3.png

I still find it staggering that people think that the homebrew scene is dead.
If you set the forum to sort by thread creation, you'll find that there's been development questions asked almost every day. In addition, we're getting savegame hacks all the time. On top of that, don't forget that the first release of LiteNESU was this month! It's not like there's been nothing for ages. In my opinion, we're progressing quite nicely.
Sorry for getting angry, it's just annoying to see either a thread about our Lord and Saviour Hykem, the IOSU or how all we've been doing is for nothing since the scene is dead created almost every day.
Yeah, I agree that homebrew is a far, far better entrypoint to Wii U programming stuff than exploit research. The main issue is that people just need to start coding, whether homebrew or not. To me, it seems that nobody's really doing that, instead going for a far more... complainy approach. ;3
There's zero documentation (scares new programmers, "I can't figure this out!") and a toxic community (annoys experienced programmers, "Why would I spend my time here?") It's no surprise that there's so few applications available.
Ooh, flame bait. I'm bored, so I'll bite.
At present, with what's public and finished now, you may have a point. However, what you haven't realised is that there's a very large number of homebrew developers who haven't been able to work with kernel access up until now (myself included). Now we have access to the clean environment provided by stuff like HBL, you'll start seeing a huge increase in the amounts of valuable homebrew being made.
To put this into perspective, try to think of all the people developing stuff on 5.4/5.3 that you, the user, would use. Not exploits, not developer tools, but homebrew. Honestly, the only person who comes to mind is Dimok and a few people who relased one-off apps and weren't heard from again.
Now think of all the 5.5 devs - all the releases you've seen recently. They all now have access to the same tools and environment that the 5.4/5.3 people do. They are now all enthusiastically exploring the new opportunities given to them (again, myself included).
Wii U homebrew ain't dead. This is where it begins.
This is where it begins? Man alive...
Just to give a bit of context for others wanting to make threads like this, it's only been a little over a month since the 5.5 kexploit was made public (May 2/3 depending on timezone). For most devs (myself included) the first time we ever saw HBL running on our Wii Us was a little over a month ago. To go from there to having some good homebrew ported over (try Space, UPaint, AstUroids etc...) and several projects underway (check your favourite dev's GitHub or start here) in around a month is a pretty impressive feat IMHO. I've figured out what I like to think are some more advanced techniques (making the bucket executable for instance), and some (brienj) have even gotten sound and GX2 to work. In a month!
I'd say we've done a pretty damn good job so far. I'm not poking fun at anyone here or anything, just letting you all know that progress is being made. Most aren't like the more... infamous devs. There might not be any WIP threads (never ends well) but progress is generally public - you don't need to push us to make and publicise new homebrew (we already want to!)
Ahh, but you're the one who can post a video of colours scrolling down a screen and have all of GBATemp at your mercy/in a shitstorm in a few hours. What's not to make fun of there?
I'm kinda staggered how much everyone wants an IOSU exploit, considering how they have a public one that they forgot about and are now actively stopping people from using. Although again, it's just details of an exploit, not a nice ELF you can run (yet). If you ever see someone who might have programming experience, make sure they don't update to 5.2 or higher.
Also, people, keep in mind that the IOSU is not the Second Coming, you aren't going to magically turn your Wii U into a computer, and it's not going to affect homebrew much at all. Modding the system stuff, yes, loading and launching, yes, but actual emulators and things won't benefit much (until Linux is ported, at least)
Last but not least can we stop saying the scene is dead? You lot made vgmoose post a song about Johnny Cash cutting himself. Seriously, people.
As an actual homebrew developer; I can give you some valid reasons. First, however, I'd like to point out the Chip8 emulator and the GameBoy emulator, both of which have been out for months. Go give their devs some love.
  1. A complete and utter lack of community support. "the wii u is dead; all the devs are useless; there's no homebrew; just move on" right before someone prints some colours to a screen and you're all over that for months, while I'm just left to my own devices in the background. You start to believe the stuff you're told, y'know. It's finally starting to collectively sink in to homebrewers, have you noticed it?
  2. The Wii U is a pain. That's why I love it. However, combined with point 1 it doesn't make for a compelling development system.
  3. The Exploit Shitshow. I hinted at this in point 1, but all this IOSU stuff is actually really annoying and we should all stop acting like its release will magically make all your dreams come true while simultaneously ignoring the dreams that have already been released. The devs keeping stuff private are only fuelling this fire. I understand there's a development cycle and a brick risk (and SALT is handling this excellently) but someone needs to change PR strategy, and the community sure isn't.
  4. The forum. There's a link in my signature to my attempt to fix this.
  5. Motivation/lack of interest/whatever. Partially my own fault, but also caused by the other points in combination.
  6. Sleep deprivation/possible depression. Completely my own fault. I'm working on it.
I'm no speaking for anyone else here, but I suspect they have similar issues too (maybe not that last one). Well, I hope that gives you some "valid" reasons; and hopefully you can realise that it's a number of factors contributing to stagnant development rather than being lazy.

As for the OP, I'm sure it's possible, but who cares? The Wii U is dead, after all. You'll all get your prized IOSU exploit, but you'll have alienated everyone you need to make it useful in the process. Seriously, can we just stop?
(this one was my magnum opus. I'm not going to quote the rest of the thread, but it's a masterclass in scene-is-dead pessimism and you should absolutely go read it. August 2016, by the way.)
If there's one thing the Wii U has taught me; it's that the best response to this post is "good luck with that". You'll always get people demanding, disrespecting and telling you the scene is dead. The mark of a good scene is having people that hold on anyway and make up for the unsavoury ones; maybe even overtaking them, turning the scene into a net positive. Good luck; it'll take some serious maturity to deal with the noobs that come once piracy is available, and it'll take some love to hold onto the more flaky developers. Word of advice - As a developer, I can tell you that we generally like ego-boosts, genuine emotion, random anonymous PayPal donations (even small ones, it's the notification email that counts) and help with code (you may have to convince someone to write a development tutorial first). Good luck to you all and I hope to see your scene flourish.
I don't think I'm supposed to feel bad for not really having anything better to do in my free time, and yet... F:
Stuff is being worked on; it takes time to get anything substantial working and emulation is a daunting task (I also want to do it right, making it even more daunting).
@vgmoose I'd say that 10 [developers] is a little generous, assuming we are counting homebrewers (and not game modders). I'd put it closer to 5 or 6 that are still active (and that's including brienj, who seems to have gone missing). I'm also not really working on URetro much anymore; cores are a royal pain.
EVERYBODY SING IT WITH ME!
WEEE- DOOOOOOOOOON'T- NEEEEEEEEEED- I- I- I- I- I- I- O.S.UUuuuuUUUUUUuuuuuUU-
FOR- HOOOMEBREEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwaH!
Don't worry, it'll happen. It's just a case of when? Dare I say it, but the answer lies in the community's hands. Gotta admit guys, you haven't exactly been good to your developers; just saying...
I'd just like to take this moment to remind any prospective developers that IOSUhax will not affect homebrew in any way. The tools available now (wut and maybe HBL) are going to be identical (from a programming standpoint) to what they'll be when you're installing RPXs to the home menu and replacing boot code or whatever. Don't wait - have something cool in the works!
I like to think that they're simply misinformed from the hype machine and overall glorification of the IOSU exploit.
We just witnessed it happen, too: remember that enderzombie probably didn't know a huge amount about how the Wii U was put together before starting this thread; and here's the whole userbase excited about IOSU and some developers talking about its power (still no idea where you all got that idea from ;D ) while the other developers don't really mention it: what would you conclude?
this thread
IixXq96he8UM0.gif
well, if you're all so obsessed with progress, I suppose I'll help you out. How about a webpage you can look at to keep up with progress on my pet project, a NES emulator? I wasn't mentioning it because it's so far off even being remotely ready (the page calculates the project as 0.4% complete) and I'm trying to learn from past mistakes (where I've been unable to complete a project) but y'know, we all need progress! Anyway, here's a link to that. I might even update it every now and again.

P.S. I'm unwatching this thread so I only end up reading this depressing stuff when I want to rather than when I get notifications. If you're NOT just going to complain about piracy feel free to tag or quote me, otherwise I probably won't see it.
HJWs... Sorry, I just can't take it seriously. How about "people who understand the concept of being nice to other people who are working for hugs and are actually reading all of these posts and wondering why they even bother?" (forgot about that, didn't you) :3
Rest of the thread, Let's just quickly clear something up:
Since April 2016:
  • HID to VPAD was released
  • the Chip8 emulator was released
  • Ast-U-Roids was ported to HBL
  • Cafiine was given a choosable IP
  • Bin2MPy was made
  • U-Paint was ported to HBL
  • Pacman was built, released and subsequently ported to HBL
  • HBAS was built, released and is being maintained to this day
  • Geckiine was built
  • The Chip8 emulator was given a GX2 GUI
  • Gacubeboy was made and released
  • SimpliiU was released
  • All those miscellaneous homebrew (LiveSynthesisU, USB Keyboard monitor etc.) were made and released
  • Interest has practically exploded (compared to April)
  • WUPInstaller had... something happen?
  • OurLoader was made, released and has had pretty much constant updates since
  • A getting-started framework was put together and had an example (UClick) released along with it
  • HID to VPAD is currently undergoing vast improvments
Push your search back to March and you also get the coloured cube (the holy grail of GX2 - actual 3D!), ddd, LiteNESU, the other GameBoy emulator and ftpiiu.
That list ignores updates to existing homebrew, Loadiine nightlies, anything I could't find in our shiny new section and anything that just slipped my mind. There's also one or two homebrews that I'm not allowed to mention (despite them being very technically impressive imho.) Let's also not forget all the works-in-progress! Pester ask me for status updates anytime.
#2 - "Help me IOSkaku, you're our only hope!"
yes I'm actually doing this now; here's a list. Feel free to edit in whatever opinions you come across although you must tell the poster of the opinion about the list and their opinion's ID number so they can just use that in future.
That wasn't really what got to me; I can understand that viewpoint (although I still hold that anyone can learn to code). It's more the usual scene-is-dead; nobody-does-anything stuff. I dunno if I'm just tired today but it's genuinely draining. I don't really what do about the whole thing; I honestly don't even know what I'd want instead.
(I've sat here for about 10 minutes thinking of a "what I do know..." or a "It's just..." but I got nothing. Sorry)
The sheer existence of another thing will collectively cause everyone to abandon the existing thing; no questions asked. There is a new box of eggs at the store so my existing box must be destroyed.
I know it's mentioned a lot around here but I don't think a developer has ever explicitly stated that their release schedule is dependent on the NX/Switch. I think that started off as a "it's probably because if this" before everyone adopted it and took it as truth. Feel free to correct me on that one though.
Jesus Christ.
  1. Reverse-engineer IOS-MCP, the HOME menu, and whatever else comes up as a dependency to try and find where the title limit is implemented.
    • As a prerequisite, you'll need to know and understand both ARM and PowerPC Assembly. You'll also need to pirate IDA, a piece of software that goes for thousands of dollars, to start the process. Don't forget to brush up on the Wii U's hardware.
    • Start reading and searching through the thousands of lines of machine code to find the title check. You may be able to recognize it by the distinctive 292 number (0x124, o444).
    • If you're lucky, it's a software check. If you're unlucky, there's a decent reason behind the limit. If you're mildly lucky, the reason will still be about software. If you're anywhere else on the luckiness spectrum, there's a hardware limitation meaning you can't progress further.
  2. Conceive and write up a patch to work around the check.
    • This, like the rest of the program, would need to be either in ARM or PowerPC Assembly. Watch out for the stack pointer on the PowerPC.
    • The specifics of what such a patch would entail depend on what you found in Step 1. Try reading through some of the patches in iosuhax to get an idea of what might be needed.
    • Keep in mind that you can't test a patch like this - be very thorough and prepare for the leap of faith.
  3. For ARM patches: Add the patch to your CFW of choice. Maybe add loading of kernel.img from the SD while you're there, would make step 4 way easier.
  4. For PowerPC patches (no kernel.img): Write up a HBL application to overwrite the instructions.
    • You'll need to know the exact ins and outs of the kernel exploit, memory addressing, the PowerPC cache system, and the block address translation registers. Most of these are only accessible via Assembly. If it's not kernelmode, you might be able to use COSSubstrate (when I finish writing that up).
    • HID to VPAD may be able to help.
  5. For PowerPC patches (kernel.img): Add the patch to your CFW (modified to load kernel.img, of course).
  6. Take the leap of faith and run all this on your Wii U.
  7. Install more than 292 titles.
    • If it didn't work, restart from Step 1.
    • If it did work, keep following these steps. Do not stop here.
  8. You must now leave your console on. Permanently. You're running a system with too many titles, and rebooting will lose your patches, likely rendering all titles inaccessible. No, you can't use CBHC, since that is also a title.
  9. Enjoy your games, and enjoy the reason Nintendo added a title limit. 292 is a bit weird for anti-piracy, don't you think? Why not 300?

Now, here's a few problems you might face, just off the top of my head.
  • Nintendo uses a proprietary filesystem on both USB and NAND. Nobody has made it known that they have reverse-engineered it. Long story short, we have no idea how it works. There could easily be a limit - number of directories, number of files, maximum size of a single file, maximum number of files/directories in a subdirectory... the list goes on.
  • The HOME menu has to read and process meta and icon data for each title before it can start to render or index them. This might take too long. There might not be enough system memory to hold more than X icons. There might be some shoddy programming involved - a band-aid over a buffer overflow.
  • There might not be enough memory for the MCP module to index and process all these titles. IOSU memory is already tight as it is.
  • If there's only X slots on the HOME menu, having more than X titles would become a problem if the folders get removed.
  • There's almost certainly some catastrophic bug that's been taped over here. It smells like "not my job".
Well, there you go. I hope that answers your question.
There isn't much for the homebrew guys to do before exploits are built, so the mass exodus away from the Wii U everyone's been predicting hasn't actually happened.
Also, where did you get the idea PowerPC is a pain? Didn't see any problems for the Wii. It's simply less common, which means certain things (dynarec) haven't been made yet. ARM would take just as long, it's just that people have already written stuff for that platform.
A small sampling of my List:
  • COSSubstrate - fiddling with module loading and code injection, stuck against everyone's favorite memory corruption barrier. There just isn't any room for homebrew in Cafe OS, it's all taken up by other OS crap.
  • I've got a Wii U in the mail and boot1 on the mind; which, may I remind you, was voted more important than a media player.
  • HID to VPAD Network Client - Bit of off-console tomfoolery; what I've been actually sinking time into. OOP is still weird.
  • I've also been thinking about Linux a lot lately.
  • hbl-web - Haven't worked on this for a while, but it is a thing I should remember to finish at some point.
(My actual List includes a section entitled "whatever the fuck else I get up to in my free time" which involves headless eMacs, synthwave, and broken CRTs.)

Sorry if I come off as a bit aggressive, I'm running on 5 hours sleep here. I was up half the night powering through a 2000-word essay and analysis PowerPoint (unusual) after finishing a maths exam. Don't get me started on last week, either.
This. People say we've had ages, but most forget that the majority of the devs you talk to now were stuck in userspace up until the kernel exploit leak last year. This puts the actual development time for these people at something around 9 months, and I think we've done rather well for that kind of timeframe.
After almost 10 months of lurking, @PSA_Dude finally had to break his silence to impart onto us the glorious truth. We were in the dark, bruteforcing a SHA and planning fault injection, but now the light is upon us - it was a scam all along. Now, go forth in freedom, relieved of your early boot duties, into a new generation of waiting for SALT. Amen.
Preemptive "scene isn't dead" because we've heard that before and it definitely turned out to be true all the other times.
Maybe you should all lay off the pessimism. Then again, I've been saying this for actual years at this point and nothing has changed. How about August 2016? Just swap "IOSU" with whatever it is this time.
Honestly. I'm really getting sick of the immediate and relentless "scene is dead, devs abadoned us, everything sucks" response to any question related to the Wii U's state of affairs. I saw the exact same thing not even one week ago in response to "Has anything happened to RetroArch post-Switch?" despite the myriad of things that's happened post-Switch. It's constant, it's everywhere and it sure does wonders for the devs you have left!
I could go on, but I'll save you the rant. It's not like anything will change anyway.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/dreamcast-emulation.439203/
We've had this conversation before. Same people; even. I can write you another essay explaining the same old thing if you need, but at least go read that first.
Before this thread derails into dev motivations and the state of the Wii U; I'd like to point out this thread from last year; which should answer any hot takes.
I think that's all of them? Every time I've had to talk about "wii u scene is dead" between joining the site in early 2016 and December 21, 2017 (when I took a hiatus that totally changed my outlook on the Temp - I sincerley doubt there's anything juicy after that). Hopefully you can see just how often this sort of idea comes up, and how little it helps.

Last edited by QuarkTheAwesome, , Reason: fix some quote tags

huma_dawii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woah, when did I step into a time machine? Feels like 2016 again! Even asking for USB support under Loadiine, this is great guys :lol:

If it were still 2016, this is where I'd write some big post, usually while angry or upset, explaining why you just aren't paying attention and threads like these are part of the problem and yada yada yada. Instead, I'm just gonna try to collate every time I've done this. Hopefully that goes some distance to showing you just how long this rhetoric ("scene is dead" "devs aren't interested" "no progress") has been around, how frequently it comes up, and how little difference it makes.
Can't believe I actually did the "if you don't like it, how about YOU do a better job!" thing at one point.
NPh9NQ3.png

This is where it begins? Man alive...

(this one was my magnum opus. I'm not going to quote the rest of the thread, but it's a masterclass in scene-is-dead pessimism and you should absolutely go read it. August 2016, by the way.)
I think that's all of them? Every time I've had to talk about "wii u scene is dead" between joining the site in early 2016 and December 21, 2017 (when I took a hiatus that totally changed my outlook on the Temp - I sincerley doubt there's anything juicy after that). Hopefully you can see just how often this sort of idea comes up, and how little it helps.

Well, to the end user, there has been near to NO PROGRESS at all, xD otherwise I wouldn't be asking for those things don't you think?

ArchmagePlays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't feel like it's dead. Sure, there haven't been many new CRAZY RELEASES recently, but with Nintendo literally giving away developer's licences I don't see any reason why it has to die now.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well, to the end user, there has been near to NO PROGRESS at all, xD otherwise I wouldn't be asking for those things don't you think?
The whole point of my post was to show that people have been feeling like there's "NO PROGRESS" since early 2016, which, may I remind you, was before you could run HBL on 5.5.1. Historically speaking, every single time people have decided the scene is dead it turned out to be completely and patently false. This sort of idea ("NO PROGRESS" and the implicit "no devs care") has been around since at least 2016, likely much earlier than that - yet here we are, more than two years later with plenty of progress to point to; such as HBL on the latest firmware, CFWs, installing games to USB, boot1 dumps, etc. etc. You've got to look at the bigger picture - just because there hasn't been much for the past two weeks doesn't mean that's the end of it.

End users have been consistently saying there's no progress for at least two years despite several obvious and scene-transforming developments over that timeframe. So yes, I'm going to take your version of this idea with a grain of salt.

R0B0T0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U was interesting. It was the homebrew machine nobody wanted to homebrew. The Wii U was the console made for homebrew, actually! We could literally do whatever we wanted with that console (well, whatever the CPU and GPU could handle). I would say the Wii U had a lot more homebrew potential, but that's not to take away from the great feats created for the system nobody had. Which is my point. Nobody had bought the system,which means no one had a console to play, which means nobody had a console to experiment with, which means no one had a console to homebrew, which means the few devs which owned a Wii U would essentially create great homebrew for a great console which nobody had. Back to my earlier point though, even after all the obstacles stated above, hb devs created an online app store (HBAS), several emulators (RetroArch, etc.), a Wii U "piracy player" (Loadiine), a game installer (WUP Installer), a network-based software modder (TCPGecko, Caffiine), an alternate NAND to play around with (redNAND), and even more, all with pretty graphics to go along with it. I'd say the Wii U scene was pretty successful, but I think we all regret that the Wii U didn't reach its maximum potential.

Not sure numbers mean that much, the Wii U outsold the Dreamcast by a fair margin and yet the DC had and still has a decent homebrew community 20 years later. In fact the pace of new DC game releases has been increasing as of late.

Last edited by R0B0T0,

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The whole point of my post was to show that people have been feeling like there's "NO PROGRESS" since early 2016, which, may I remind you, was before you could run HBL on 5.5.1. Historically speaking, every single time people have decided the scene is dead it turned out to be completely and patently false. This sort of idea ("NO PROGRESS" and the implicit "no devs care") has been around since at least 2016, likely much earlier than that - yet here we are, more than two years later with plenty of progress to point to; such as HBL on the latest firmware, CFWs, installing games to USB, boot1 dumps, etc. etc. You've got to look at the bigger picture - just because there hasn't been much for the past two weeks doesn't mean that's the end of it.

End users have been consistently saying there's no progress for at least two years despite several obvious and scene-transforming developments over that timeframe. So yes, I'm going to take your version of this idea with a grain of salt.
No progress to the common user = THERE'S NOTHING THAT APEALS TO ME AND ONLY ME

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WiiU scene is far from dead imo. The only thing we're missing is a Media Player and a File Manager.
I think this would be the first scene (ever?) That hasn't had some sort of Homebrew Media Player. :(
As for a File Manager we could use just WiiXplorer (brilliant app, has a built in mp3 player too XD) if we had the WiiU Gamepad patch added.. fix94 fancy one more Wii app upgrade? :P

But yea.. As others have said there is still loads going on. :)
Long live the WiiU Scene and all that follow her. ;)

Reactions: huma_dawii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.