Is the The LG Cookie Fresh GS290 a good phone?

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you must have an LG phone, then the Optimus One not the original Optimus because that was hideous and ran an outdated version of Android with a resistive touch screen.

It's pretty cheap, runs Froyo and has a decent feature set.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Evo.lve said:
If you must have an LG phone, then the Optimus One not the original Optimus because that was hideous and ran an outdated version of Android with a resistive touch screen.
I've got a LG Optimus GT540, running 2.2 and no problems so far and it's a pretty good phone.
(There is an official 2.1 update, if you didn't know (2.2 isn't official))

Stay away from LG Cookies though, I fucking hated my LG Cookie.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, seems to be all bad from what I'm reading, but, here's another question: Is it an upgrade or a downgrade to a Nokia N95 8GB?

Ignore the 8GB fact because I have sdhc cards that will be for all my music, etc.

By upgrade or downgrade, I mean, whether it is better than that (upgrade) or worse than that (downgrade).

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OrR said:
The 290 I gave my grandparents for christmas just died because air humidity condensed inside and shorted the battery. Stay far away from that piece of shit!
Long term isn't worry-some to me atm because my n95 is fucked that it restarts itself continually and you have to take the battery out to stop it, then you have to wait a few hours, put battery back in, then the phone will work for an hour then someone presses the repeat button because that process doesn't stop -_-

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
gifi4 said:
Hmm, seems to be all bad from what I'm reading, but, here's another question: Is it an upgrade or a downgrade to a Nokia N95 8GB?

Ignore the 8GB fact because I have sdhc cards that will be for all my music, etc.

By upgrade or downgrade, I mean, whether it is better than that (upgrade) or worse than that (downgrade).
It's a downgrade. Seriously, the cookie sucks. You can get a much better phone for that price. Don't go LG if you don't have to.
what's your budget? And if it's an option, just send your Nokia for repairs.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
prwlr. said:
Evo.lve said:
I've got a LG Optimus GT540, running 2.2 and no problems so far and it's a pretty good phone.
(There is an official 2.1 update, if you didn't know (2.2 isn't official))

Stay away from LG Cookies though, I fucking hated my LG Cookie.
there is gingerbread for it aswell
biggrin.gif

the prodjects called swiftdroid if you want to know)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can