What is something you can only get near where you live, that the rest of the world needs to try?

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I imagine that since the United States is filled with regional and exclusive stuff. so, too, must be the rest of the world.

In Wisconsin, you HAVE to try fresh cheese curds. They're locally called "squeaky cheese", with good reason. They are as described on the tin; curds of fresh cheese. Not dry, a bit more moisture than, say, shredded cheese or those cubes of Cracker Barrel, but they're everywhere, at every convenience store or gas station, hand-packaged in little bags with twist ties.

A bit sharper than regular cheddar or most semi-hard American cheeses, and they literally squeak when you chew them. Even better when they are deep-fried, with some ketchup.

Tell us about the good shit near you that no one else can get. Or something from a place you used to live that you can't find anymore.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i aint sure if you can get em elsewhere ...Franzbrötchen. its pastry with cinnamon. Originated here in Hamburg/Germany. i am not sure if you can get it elswhere.
Post automatically merged:

i aint sure if you can get em elsewhere ...Franzbrötchen. its pastry with cinnamon. Originated here in Hamburg/Germany.

Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Back when I was living in the Cincinnati tri-state area, I used to love a pizza place called "LaRosa's Pizzeria." It's only in the Cincinnati area of Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana and it's a rather interesting pizza that I've never had anywhere else.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my neck of the woods geodes are very common and there are parks you can go to where every 5th rock is a geode waiting to be broken open

It's actually to the point that we stopped collecting them

Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
In my neck of the woods geodes are very common and there are parks you can go to where every 5th rock is a geode waiting or be broken open

It's actually to the point that we stopped collecting them
Same. Used to go after every single one of them but now we just go for the coolest-looking ones.

Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up