Homebrew Is NTRBoothax safe on latest firmware? +Best way to play GBA on N3DS in 2020?

CoupureElectrique

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I conveniently have a spare 2DS XL and a flash cart (R4i Gold 3DS plus) with a NTRBoothax feature. Is it still safe to install CFW via this method? Kinda scared of bricking cause my 2DS XL is pretty new, only got it a few months ago (purple version) on 11.13.0-45u

also while preparing I’ve been looking around trying to find the best method for GBA on 3DS and there doesn’t seem to be any universally loved emulators. Has that changed in 2020? Don’t think I’d like .cia injections since there’s no save states

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ntrboot is, by definition, completely independent of your console's operating system (no wonder it's the premier choice for those ancient/partially updated versions if you prefer not to or can't update, or to try fixing a corrupted OS in fact)

Virtualization is the best when it comes to performance and accuracy, but if your criteria is gimmicks you could use mGBA (preferably the PC version, though :D)

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I conveniently have a spare 2DS XL and a flash cart (R4i Gold 3DS plus) with a NTRBoothax feature. Is it still safe to install CFW via this method? Kinda scared of bricking cause my 2DS XL is pretty new, only got it a few months ago (purple version) on 11.13.0-45u

also while preparing I’ve been looking around trying to find the best method for GBA on 3DS and there doesn’t seem to be any universally loved emulators. Has that changed in 2020? Don’t think I’d like .cia injections since there’s no save states
Boot9strap is idiot proof so u will be fine and best GBA method is GBA injected .cia files

https://3ds.hacks.guide/

Last edited by Shadow#1,

CoupureElectrique

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ntrboot is, by definition, completely independent of your console's operating system (no wonder it's the premier choice for those ancient/partially updated versions if you prefer not to or can't update, or to try fixing a corrupted OS in fact)

Virtualization is the best when it comes to performance and accuracy, but if your criteria is gimmicks you could use mGBA (preferably the PC version, though :D)
Looks like I’m all set then. I tried emulating on PC but I guess I’m picky because I thought the few games I played looked bad on a bigger screen

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks even though I’m slowly starting to embrace the idea of injects after getting inconsistent results with emulators

anyone know if games with special chips like Yoshi’s Island SNES play fine if injected on N2DS?
It it's using the official emu it will not work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.