Is my flash cart wearing out?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by RocketBlender, Dec 4, 2009.

Dec 4, 2009
  1. RocketBlender
    OP

Newcomer RocketBlender Newbie

United States
    I've been using an iTouch2 Enhanced for a good while now, and I've never had any problems until just recently. Lately, I've been logging a lot of hours in an RPG I just downloaded. (Rune Factory 2) A few minutes into the game, it froze. I figured it was a standard anti-piracy measure until I reset the system to find the icon for the card wasn't there. I ejected the card, blew on it, and and it ran fine, I even got past the part where the game froze before. Every once in a while I'll get these freezes where the system doesn't recognize the card. Have I just worn it out somehow? I wanted to make sure that was the problem before I spend any money.

2. Mr.Guy

Member Mr.Guy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What you could do to possibly fix this issue is to insert the cartridge an few times very fast to eliminate any contact issues. Most of the time when a flash cart freezes or you cant see the icon means the contacts are not clean enough and need to be rubbed against the DS's contacts to help create a better electric(?) flow.

3. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Yeah, the "plug it in and unplug it a few times" method usually works when you get the "card not detected" or games just randomly locking up on you. Doing this sort of scrubs the contacts to get better contact.

I've fixed the same issue your having by doing that and it fixed it every time.........on many different systems.

Good advice.

4. astrangeone

Member astrangeone GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Yeah, happens to me a lot. I also take a small pencil eraser (make sure it's not the pink kind), and clean out the contacts. You might have to do that with your memory card as well.